She looks so lonely.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kawboy

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 20, 2015
Central Minnesota
Sixteen inches of snow yesterday. Woke up to twenty-one below this morning. Gotta love Minnesota! Might have to find something to warm her up with later.

Attachments

• IMG_20181229_070122.jpg
    IMG_20181229_070122.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 74
I think the storm tracked further East. ND, we were suppose to be in the 12" range, ended up with about 8". Spent couple hrs blowing snow after it warmed up a bit. -31° wind chill yesterday, brrrrrrr...

I think the storm tracked further East. ND, we were suppose to be in the 12" range, ended up with about 8". Spent couple hrs blowing snow after it warmed up a bit. -31° wind chill yesterday, brrrrrrr...
My youngest moved out to Williston, says he's pretty tired of the wind out there.

You folks that live up on the Northern Border, in the center of the country, are tough.... We get cold here in N. Central Washington, but there's very little rain and snow...
I hope you have a snow blower.... I bought one last winter.. GAWD it makes life easy... Hooked up to my Golden Jubilee..
Snow Blower Modifications 008.JPG

Reactions: smokin peachey
We had our snow storm down by Fort Huachuca AZ on 28 DEC. So severe, they closed the post except for mission essential personnel. We must have gotten 1 to 2 inches of snow on the old historical section where the cavalry barracks (still in use as offices) and field grade officers reside. Seriously, people down here have a tough time driving the minute a flake hits the roads. We have snow today, already in my yard about 3 inches. Growing up in the midwest, it is nothing. Here it is a disaster.

A rather dry winter (so far) here in Chicagoland, just got a dusting last night, and a little cold today, nothing major, other than around Thanksgiving weekend, keeping fingers crossed it stays this way

I used to spend 4 hours pushing snow with the back blade... I must have covered 4 miles of driving... back and forth etc...
Now it's drive one way blowing snow, turn around blow snow going the other way.... 4 hours turned into 40 minutes... 1/10 the fuel burned.. And I can get done before I get cold....

I used to spend 4 hours pushing snow with the back blade... I must have covered 4 miles of driving... back and forth etc...
Now it's drive one way blowing snow, turn around blow snow going the other way.... 4 hours turned into 40 minutes... 1/10 the fuel burned.. And I can get done before I get cold....

Come spring I am going to pick up a Blower.

Did buy a 44" blower to go on the front of my JD 380 mower. Lot quicker than my walk behind 32" JD

I'm getting ready to measure and order sprockets to speed up the blower.. to throw the snow farther... while driving slow.. Now, the blower won't keep up with 12" of snow at the speed I can drive.. Sooooooo, more blower speed !!!

If you look at the thread on tractorbynet, the pictures can be clicked on anywhere and it magnifies that spot, so you can zoom in on any part you like.... It's a cool forum... iffin yuze into farming and associates...

If you look at the thread on tractorbynet, the pictures can be clicked on anywhere and it magnifies that spot, so you can zoom in on any part you like.... It's a cool forum... iffin yuze into farming and associates...
Nice setup Dave thanks for sharing.

Looks like abuse to too me lol get a cover man then no sweeping that mess off lmao,have to work tomorrow or I would throw something on for tomorrow nite and new years day

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky