She just had to do this!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Steve, can you tell me what the exhaust hood Make and Model is? Assuming this one has the capability to suck the air out of the room :D

http://www.zlinekitchen.com/stainless-steel-ke
I got the 760cfm unit. A tad loud on high. But it clears the smoke fast! On the lower setting it does great. This can be ducted. Or non-ducted using carbon filters. The lights are LED that swivel. Install use straight forward.

"Well---There's my problem---I'm only 6' 3".

Bear"

Simple fix to that problem. Just have the wall cabinets built 41" instead of 42". Nobody will notice the difference. Problem solved :emoji_blush:

Part of the solution....sort of,
Robert

I always built them myself, so I could build them at any height, but I could build them at 42", and get my Son to get things out---He's a little over 6' 4". LOL
There's nothing wrong with 42" wall cabinets, and I only asked Steve, because only about 10 of the more than 100 Kitchen I built ordered 42" Wall Cabinets.

Steves Kitchen looks Great !!

Bear

Another reason why I went with 42" walls was because my kitchen isn't very big. Plus, I lost cabinets when I removed the one wall. I bought a nice three steep ladder to reach the tops safely.

Another reason why I went with 42" walls was because my kitchen isn't very big. Plus, I lost cabinets when I removed the one wall. I bought a nice three steep ladder to reach the tops safely.

I made a lot of kitchens, when I had my cabinetmaking business, and I can honestly say your color scheme makes those tall wall cabinets look better than any others I've seen. It seems to have that "Touch of class" that many don't have.

Bear

I made a lot of kitchens, when I had my cabinetmaking business, and I can honestly say your color scheme makes those tall wall cabinets look better than any others I've seen. It seems to have that "Touch of class" that many don't have.

Bear

Thanks Bear. The wife and I took months to decide exactly how we wanted this kitchen to look. We both knew that we just didn't want natural wood finish this time around. And we wanted something unique. But not unique to the point the house wouldn't be salable.

Thanks Bear. The wife and I took months to decide exactly how we wanted this kitchen to look. We both knew that we just didn't want natural wood finish this time around. And we wanted something unique. But not unique to the point the house wouldn't be salable.

Do you know what species of wood was used in the cabinet construction.
The ones I made (Paint Grade), I made with Poplar. It is the straightest, knot-free Hardwood in the NorthEast Market.
It's also a pleasure to work with.

Bear

Do you know what species of wood was used in the cabinet construction.
The ones I made (Paint Grade), I made with Poplar. It is the straightest, knot-free Hardwood in the NorthEast Market.
It's also a pleasure to work

It is poplar. Strange that it is called a hardwood.

It is poplar. Strange that it is called a hardwood.

It is actually called a Soft Hardwood, by cabinetmakers.
It is by rule considered a Hardwood, because it is a Deciduous Tree (Sheds it's leaves).

We used it for cabinets that got painted, and it was also good for cabinets that got laminated, because unlike Pine, the router bearing didn't tear up the edges of the Poplar framing.

Bear

I use Poplar all the time . Mills and paints real nice , but I also use it on 1 of projects that get a dark stain . Workin on a side board right now . Glued up some poplar for the top . Almost ready to stain and finish .
4 lengths joined together .
20190516_122908.jpg

I use Poplar all the time . Mills and paints real nice , but I also use it on 1 of projects that get a dark stain . Workin on a side board right now . Glued up some poplar for the top . Almost ready to stain and finish .
4 lengths joined together .
View attachment 395625

One of the things I'm hoping to do one day is to have a nice wood shop. I enjoy working with wood. Just don't have the space.

One of the things I'm hoping to do one day is to have a nice wood shop. I enjoy working with wood. Just don't have the space.

I had my complete cabinet shop in my last house. It had a 2900 sq ft basement, with an extra block in height. It worked great.
If I can help in any way with questions or suggestions, just let me know.

Now I think I hijacked your Beautiful Kitchen thread enough.

Bear

I had my complete cabinet shop in my last house. It had a 2900 sq ft basement, with an extra block in height. It worked great.
If I can help in any way with questions or suggestions, just let me know.

Now I think I hijacked your Beautiful Kitchen thread enough.

Bear

If I ever get the chance to build a shop I'll pick your grey matter for info. And you didn't hijack my thread.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky