She ain't pretty, but she's my supper.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gmc2003

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 15, 2012
After working 12hr days on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. The wife and I were in the mood for some Q, and with all the Vortex cooks being posted I wanted keep it going. So here's some chicken thighs done via the Vortex.

Time to fire up the 22" kettle w/the Vortex.
DSC02827.JPG

Season up some thighs. 3 with Italian and 3 with Tony C's Creole.
DSC02829.JPG

One sweet potato for the wife, and one russet for the cook: BTW that's a chunk of apple for flavoring.

DSC02831.JPG

On goes the chicken:
DSC02833.JPG

The neighbors came over to visit:
DSC02818.JPG

I think they're trying to save their brothers:
DSC02820.JPG

...and the beer pole. Narragansett this time around.
DSC02836.JPG

My supper. One spud, and one thigh:
DSC02838.JPG

Bite thru skin and juicy as all heck. Spud was seasoned with salt/pepper, butter and bacon bits.

DSC02841.JPG

Thanks for looking

Chris

Looks good. How long do the taters take. Haven’t done they yet

I could do a couple of those nice looking thighs.
Someone stole your lawnmower seat. . .
Thanks Winter and for the like, We were jones'in for some Q and chicken sounded real good. As for the lawnmower seat. That's in the garage. That's our old lawnmower and has been sitting there for about a year. I have to bring it to the dump this year. We had just bought a new seat and tires for it and didn't want the weather to ruin them. The starter basically blew off the engine last year.

Looks good. How long do the taters take. Haven’t done they yet

Appreciate it Flat, I put the taters on about 15 min before I put the chicken on.

Dang. Looks great.

Thanks farmer and for the like. Theres something about BBQ'd chicken that says Spring is Here.

Chris

They'd look really good on my dinner plate.
Thanks Cansmoke, There's one peice left if you want it.

Nice! A perfect example of why vortex chicken rules!

Appreciate it Jed and for the like. Next to the kettle and beer pole the Vortex is numero uno for grilling.

3 - 12 hour days…I would be on my face. The chicken looked like a fine meal!

LOL, sandyut it's not as bad as it sounds. I work less then half a year, I get sick time and holidays plus I get five weeks of vacation. My schedule may sound a little screwy but it works out in the end. Thank you for the kind words and like.

Chris

Reactions: civilsmoker
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky