Shark Week

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kajunkue

Fire Starter
Original poster
Sep 16, 2013
New Orleans, La.
My wife and I love stupid sy-fy movies, the worst they are the better. With that being said the last Sharknado movie is coming out and we are having a Sharknado movie marathon with friends that think we are crazy. Has anyone ever smoked Shark Steaks? I believe everything should be grilled so any ideas would be great. Thanks

Shark steaks are very tasty smoked/grilled.
But there is a caveat, the shark must have been properly processed.
That is to say, immediately killed, bled, butchered and put on ice.

I do a bit of LBSF, Land Based Shark Fishing.
Here is my biggest Guppy to date.

Attachments

• 137inchGreaterHammer.jpg
    137inchGreaterHammer.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 33

Chile, that's a bit more than a guppy. I'd enjoy the struggle then cut my line lol.

George

My wife and I love stupid sy-fy movies, the worst they are the better. With that being said the last Sharknado movie is coming out and we are having a Sharknado movie marathon with friends that think we are crazy. Has anyone ever smoked Shark Steaks? I believe everything should be grilled so any ideas would be great. Thanks
Kajun, have you decided to do any theme stuff? My wife's friend is a big sharknado fan and she did a similar party years ago. She or one of her friends made sharknado cupcakes that were very cool. If I can find the picture I will share it.

George

Nice shark John, betcha didn't noodle fish that one. :rolleyes:

Chris

Yes we had cupcakes, tornados with plastic sharks, sharks fins all through the yard and even cut a sign saying no swimming with a shark bite out of it. Since we are in New Orleans we even had shark drinks. Missed out on the shark steaks last year so I'm making sure we have them this year but looking for the best ways to cook them.

First; Chile that is awesome...I mean really awesome.

Two; Grill the shark. It doesn't take long to cook and every time I've spent big dollars to get it on ice for home, or out eating some where, it's been grilled.

And don't forget putting shark gummies in rum for drunken sharks! ;)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky