Serving 40 People

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Stoutpups

Original poster
Apr 23, 2018
Hello! I am new to this forum. I have attending a family gathering, I am going to grace the family with my brisket and ribs. It is going to be the main meal and we hope for a little bit of left overs the next day. It is a big weekend full of activities, so people will be hungry. There are 40 people, mostly adults and older kids. I was planning on 10 racks of whole slab pork spare ribs and 2 whole packer briskets. Do you think this is enough?

Hello! I am new to this forum. I have attending a family gathering, I am going to grace the family with my brisket and ribs. It is going to be the main meal and we hope for a little bit of left overs the next day. It is a big weekend full of activities, so people will be hungry. There are 40 people, mostly adults and older kids. I was planning on 10 racks of whole slab pork spare ribs and 2 whole packer briskets. Do you think this is enough?
Really depends a lot on what you are having as side dishes. Good rule of thumb for meat though 1/4 to 3/8 pound of meat each and 3 ribs each...some may eat more some less...
kit

Al I was going to look at this and I can't open it needs to be in PDF for me. Although I good like said I was just going to look at it.

Warren

Al,

I actually have that downloaded already. I am reaching out to see if that is accurate. Good looking out!

You don't mention what size packer brisket your planning on using.
I would say if you want leftovers you will probably want over 20-25lb of finished product.
Brisket with hungry adults can go pretty fast.
Ribs are you figuring 3 bones per person....11-13 bones on a rack.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky