Send Me Some of Your Snow....... update 4/5

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

daveomak

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Nov 12, 2010
Omak,Washington,U.S.A.
Send us your snow..... We are going to have one monsterous drought if something doesn't happen here......

The black line is the amount of "Snow Water" in the mountains..... If that doesn't increase, there will be no fruit this summer... Fire Danger will be at an all time high.... The Red Line is the minimum ever recorded....

Last edited:
After 2 1/2 months of below 32 degree weather, I'm afraid the rain would just run off of the frozen ground..... something slow melting would be better...

Here in Michigan we have gotten our fair share of snow since the first of the year, with more on the way this weekend. Two of my smokers are buried in snow and may not be uncovered until spring.

Hey Dave

My people have been farming is Sask since 1900 and they maintain that a healthy spring rain is 10 times as good as a lot of snow.  Snow melts in the spring and just runs off the frozen ground.  So, there's still hope  BTW, I would LOVE to send you some of my snow

Gary

We need it bad here too Dave. Lets hope for a heavy Feb and March

We need it bad here too Dave. Lets hope for a heavy Feb and March

Hey Brian...... Feb and Mar are usually good months for snow.... The weather gauge I copied is the water for our entire irrigation system West of the Okanogan River... I saw where the libs tree huggers in your state refuse to cut the water to Delta Smelt so the farmers can have some water for the crops in the valley...... One more $100 billion lost veggie crop....

Last edited:
I'm heading to Seattle in March and will be sure to bring as much as American Airlines will let me stow.  We have barely had a week this winter without a 4+ inch snowfall.

I'm heading to Seattle in March and will be sure to bring as much as American Airlines will let me stow.  We have barely had a week this winter without a 4+ inch snowfall.

As you start the descent into SeaTac..... Throw it out over Omak..... Let me know when you let her rip.... I'll get pictures......

Dave

Here is the snow we have, with a further 15 to 30 CM to fall in the next 24 hours

It is free for the taking, if anybody wants it!
Beating_A_Dead_Horse_by_livius.gif

I'm glad I don't live in the city...... I use my tractor to clear snow..... :biggrin:

They're talking possible snow in Seattle/Everett on Saturday. Glad I don't have a smoke planned that day. Maybe some will make it over the hills to you.

They're talking possible snow in Seattle/Everett on Saturday. Glad I don't have a smoke planned that day. Maybe some will make it over the hills to you.

Looks like we have a chance of snow starting Saturday.... as cold as it will be, probably a light dusting.... hopefully up at the sno-tel, the snow will fall.... That's up at Conconully... we get our irrigation from the reservoir up there.....

Would if I could.  Haven't see bare ground since Thanksgiving, or there about.  More falling tonight too.

Tired of below 0*F at night, and single to teens during days.  COME ON SPRING!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky