See the World ... Smell the Smoke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
WD,
It is a 'small' block GOSM and the foil was my rigged up rain hood as it was sprinkling that day. The brick served as the stand for my therms. Yup, that's my water pan and it is full of water and drippings. Said wicked beans I did not stir and they still turned out delicious. I may have to try stirring them next time.
PDT_Armataz_01_26.gif

As for the pics, I use imageshack.us, it is super easy to upload your pics then I just copy the link into my post and it appears! It is the best way for me as I am certainly no puter whiz. As far as descriptions, you just put them in before or after the link you copied and pasted and you've got yer label!

Hope that helps my brotha! We're looking forward to your entry!

here is mine from this past monday. here is the TBS, the ribs, ABTs and little smokies, the pork chops, and all of when i first put it in. the equipment is in my sig pic. i used jeff's rub on all of it, and his GGSA sauce served on the side- warm of course.
160ab87a_vbattach14186.jpg

3cfae593_vbattach14187.jpg

bf15b646_vbattach14188.jpg

926c659c_vbattach14185.jpg

497d1c1b_vbattach14184.jpg

wd...all I done was smoke the taters till cooked ,remove the flesh and mash with a little butter,sour cream ,marble cheddar and some minced green onion and bacon bits ( the real ones ) like oscar mayer,scoop back into the skins,top with a little salt n pepper and grated marble cheddar.....then back to the smoker until the cheese browns up .....

hehehehe....couldn't give it up too quick
icon_mrgreen.gif

How in the world is Piggyjiggles
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif
(funnin around) is going to judge this thing?,
PDT_Armataz_01_23.gif
there all good pics and good presentations on on the food,
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
i know i lost already but good work to all of you guys.

ok gang here's my entry,i'm not sure if it was divine intervention or alcohol
but i morphed two of the forum's favorites ABT'S and the fatty!!!!
i must say it was outstanding and was gone rather quick,i also put a kick butt cowboy rub on it. the other one i did was a creole rub with fresh herbs and serrano pepper's also good.i would also like to congratulate everyone who has entered this contest,your entrys look great.

good luck everyone.
mark

once your pics are on photobucket, click on the [IMG ] code for forums (it automatically copies it when you click on it) then paste that IMG code into your post. You can put a space between your pics for better results and type a description above the IMG code. Good Luck all!

Let me start by saying that I did not intend to enter a second time, but this is my greatest smoke ever and I am awfully proud of it.

It all began innocently enough with the wife saying that pulled pork sounded pretty good. Now this usually means I pick up a bucket of Loyds pulled pork from Wal-mart because mine absolutely and completely suck. But I remembered reading a tutorial from Jeff in a newsletter a couple years ago about a pull that he screwed up, but ended up being his best. So I thought "I can screw stuff up!" and decided to give it a shot.

I bought a 8.88 pound shoulder with the bone in. I believe that this has both the picnic and Boston cuts in it. I jumped on the site and read Jeff's advice on how to cook this thing. I quickly realized that at 9 pounds, this thing would take over 12 hours to smoke. So at 10:30 that night I started gathering my ingredients. Yellow mustard and Jeff's famous rub.

By 11:15 the smoker was hot and the shoulder rubbed down. I threw it on with 4 large chunks of hickory and set an alarm for 3:30 so I could check the wood. The smoker was running at 228 degrees (I think I am getting the hang of how to use the little door to control the temp)

I overslept til 6:30 that morning. I ran out to check the food. It had reached 155 degrees so I double wrapped it in foil and put it back on. The smoker was still chugging along at 224 at that point.

I kept the meat on until 3 pm that day. So a total of 15 1/2 hours on the smoker. I took it out at 200 degrees and set it in a cold oven to sit for 2 hours. After two hours I took it out and stuck a fork in it and gave a little pull. It almost collapsed into a heap of juicy beautiful pork! A couple of quick pulls and the once proud slab of meat was reduced down to a large bowl full of shredded deliciousness!

We topped it off with some BBQ sauce, corn on the cob, and baked beans. If I die tonight, the surgeon will need to remove the smile from my face so the funneral seems less awkward!

The first pic is the 9 pounds of meat just waiting to be rubbed down.

Pic 2 is the meat with the rub

Third pic is the smoker and the elusive thin blue smoke.

Fourth pic is the meat after 15 1/2 hours with a large serving fork in it

Fifth pic is half the meat shredded.

Sorry I don't have a picture of the sandwich and sides, but the plates were cleaned faster than a camera shutter is capable of working!
be3de210_vbattach14293.jpg

fc475267_vbattach14291.jpg

a3d78916_vbattach14292.jpg

edf68b9a_vbattach14289.jpg

c9a4f573_vbattach14290.jpg

Hello
Just did my first 3-2-1 St. Louis style ribs trimmed them myself and after they were finihed they were great see pics below.
Good Luck and Good Smoking
Redbrinkman1955
adcd7990_vbattach14313.jpg

c888a2dd_vbattach14314.jpg

d2395a23_vbattach14312.jpg

2b7643b1_vbattach14311.jpg

781790b7_vbattach14310.jpg

I took the trimmed piece from the spare ribs and smoke them used these charcoal bricks I found at Garnder Mountain use the 3-2-1- method on the meat and it was oh sooo good
Godd luck and Good Smoking
Redbrinkman1955
ff3702d4_vbattach14319.jpg

d5574583_vbattach14318.jpg

0c66893d_vbattach14317.jpg

d9cd8c46_vbattach14316.jpg

57d86ef7_vbattach14315.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky