Secret to Loading Vaucum Seal Bags without a Mess

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
For liquids like stock, I freeze in ice cube trays. I know that it takes 1 cup of liquid to fill 12 cubes in my trays. I freeze the tray and vac pac 24 cubes, or 2 cups of stock per bag. If I only need one cup I take out 12 cubes, etc...

I'm sure you could pack them nicer and get a better pac, but I was in a hurry.

I find folding the bags back all the time to be a pain in the petunia!!!!!!
Takes extra time and wrinkles up the bag.

I cut the bottom out of a heavy zip top bag or the like to make a sleeve that'll easily slide in and out of the vacuum bag, that protects the seal area.

~Martin

Last edited:
Great ideas!

I bought a canning funnel and one of those bag holders from Amazon and with Prime I paid no shipping.

I also drug out a soda bottle and cut the top and bottom out.

Now I can stand a bag up in the clips and use the canning funnel or the soda bottle cylinder.

No more muss, no more fuss!

I want to thank everyone for excellent ideas and suggestions.

FYI

Recently found these . . .

at Bed Bath and Beyond (BBB- scroll down). They can be rolled up to form a funnel to help loading bags. They are easily cut with ordinary scissors but knives don't do them in.

I cut one of them into ~ 6x8 rectangle and use it to scoop up chopped items and transfer to whatever container.

I bought a three pack of thin flexible cutting sheets (walmart i think, maybe target). I pile whatever onto it, roll it, then dump into the bags. For liquidy things I have wrapped them into a funnel shape. They wash easy and are cheap. did I mention cheap? use them for multiple things. good for keeping the poultry goo off of my good boards. If they get too worn out, I give them to the kids as work mats for projects and such. Recycle bin when they get trashed.

update: wife just said she gets them at bed, bath and beyond.

update to the update: Hey Rabbithutch, great minds think alike!!!!  

Last edited:
When I'm going to freeze some liquid in bags I always put it in a container that will fit the bag then I just freeze it and then take it out of freezer and pop the frozen stuff out of the container then put it in my vacuum bag and seal it up no mess at all works for me. hope that helps

Reactions: BXMurphy
I have cut out the bottom of a 24 oz. plastic container of sour cream or a two pound container out of the deli and it fits perfectly in a one Quart bag. I did the same thing with a 14 oz. container that had a cheese spread from Gordon Food Service (GFS) and it fits perfectly in a one pint bag. There might be a yogurt container that is of similar size to the GFS container. The GFS container is 3 5/8" dia. O.D. at the top. 2 3/4 dia. O.D. at the bottom. Hope this helps.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky