Second smoke, first time ribs

Discussion in 'Pork' started by vmart, Dec 5, 2014.

1. vmart

vmart Newbie

First time smoking pork loin back ribs. 3 hours in. Now going into foil for 2 hours

2. It looks good so far. What are you smoking them in? What are you using for rub?

Happy smoken.

David

3. vmart

vmart Newbie

4. They will be good. Keep the pics coming.

Happy smoken.

David

5. Looks like you are doing good for first time on ribs. Will you be keeping them dry or finishing with some sauce?

6. vmart

vmart Newbie

I'll be finishing with some sauce. I was going to make Jeffs sauce but didn't have all the ingredients. Going to use Stubbs original sauce

7. oldschoolbbq

oldschoolbbq Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Looks good . Now , finish shots . . .

8. b-one

b-one Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Yeah we need sliced pics! Looking great so far next time try without foil see which way you like them best! I prefer no foil and sauce on side usally if you wanted to share.

9. vmart

vmart Newbie

Finished up. Literally fell off the bone. I didn't get sliced pics.They were gone as soon as I set them down. I won't make that mistake again. Next time I'll try them without foil

empacee likes this.
  10. Looks very good. Nice pull back on the bone.

Happy smoken.

David

11. c farmer

c farmer Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Looks good.

I dont foil ribs. Much better in my mind

12. They look great. I am religious when it comes to doing ribs, I always follow the 3-2-1 method and it hasnt failed me yet. Try smoking them next time over apple wood, personal favorite.

13. vmart

vmart Newbie

Is the 3-2-1 method only good for ribs?

14. crazymoon

crazymoon Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

Nice looking ribs ,folks will foil other items in the smoker but probably not use the 3-2-1 time frame.