• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Seasoned pork ribs

Biggy1

Smoke Blower
Joined Apr 5, 2019
I washed and seasoned ribs Friday and wrapped them in plastic bags to bbq Sunday, how long can they last in the fridge?

saltysandman

Smoke Blower
Joined Jan 1, 2018
I washed and seasoned ribs Friday and wrapped them in plastic bags to bbq Sunday, how long can they last in the fridge?
lots of factors here. how long before you seasoned them? were they fresh or frozen when you bought them? i rarely keep seasoned ribs in frig for longer than 48 hours. if you plan on keeping them longer before cooking, then you should consider vacuum sealing them and/or freezing them.

crazymoon

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 24, 2014
B1, They will be fine until Sunday

Biggy1

Smoke Blower
Joined Apr 5, 2019
lots of factors here. how long before you seasoned them? were they fresh or frozen when you bought them? i rarely keep seasoned ribs in frig for longer than 48 hours. if you plan on keeping them longer before cooking, then you should consider vacuum sealing them and/or freezing them.
They were fresh and unfrozen plus they were washed and seasoned the same day Friday.

saltysandman

Smoke Blower
Joined Jan 1, 2018
They were fresh and unfrozen plus they were washed and seasoned the same day Friday.
im with crazymoon. i would say that you're pretty safe for several days in the frig especially if wrapped tightly. i wouldn't go longer than 48 hours IMHO. that's more than enough time for the rub to do its work.

Inscrutable

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Apr 4, 2019
You (were) good. The health guidelines I’ve seen have said 3-5 days for pork and beef (whole unprocessed ... much less for ground or processed). Also less for poultry and seafood.

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.