Seafood time!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
It has been a long road getting our old deck back to life. After we took the pool down around 6 years ago. The deck just went unused and unmaintained. About a month ago we decided to repurpose it into an outdoor space. So, we ordered a 10' by 10'aluminum gazebo with a steel roof. And to get the deck cleaned up. I'd need a better pressure washer then the little 1200 psi washer I had.
P5190003.JPG

And bought a surface cleaner for it.
P5190002.JPG

This deck is a mess! Full of old fence we lost in a wind storm.

20220523_113112 (1).jpg

And here we go!

20220523_120254.jpg

Getting there.

P5290025.JPG

Done! I'm amazed at how well it cleaned up.

P5290028.JPG

Gazebo is up. That was a full day adventure.

P6260346.JPG

Deck floor stained and looking good. Just have the railings to do.

P6260348.JPG

Now the seafood part. Since I worked on Fathers Day. I made a mess of seafood.
P6260352.JPG

King Crab and Stone Crab claws. We also had lobster tails. And while eating. We decided to put a new pool in next year! Can't wait for that. I've missed having one.
All in all. It was a fine day. And a nice outdoor space.

Attachments

• P6260346.JPG
    P6260346.JPG
    164 KB · Views: 6
  • P6260348.JPG
    P6260348.JPG
    151.2 KB · Views: 4
  • P5190002.JPG
    P5190002.JPG
    280.4 KB · Views: 6
Looks and sounds awesome

Very nice Steve. Great repurposing of your deck. That seafood looks delicious. Excellent work.

Great job on the deck Steve, it looks like it came out great. Also looks like a great way to get a new toy (the pressure washer)…..and a new pool!

Nice haul of crab legs too!

Nice set up.

I actually prefer the taste of snow crab legs over King. They're also cheaper. They're also easier to crack. But I had to stop buying them. My best purchase was a while back - I got a case of $3.99/lb. That price spoiled me forever. Today my grocery has them on sale for $12.99/lb. I don't think so...

Great job on the deck and gazebo Steve! Even better job on the seafood!

Ryan

Excellent refurb on the deck Steve! Seafood dinner was a nice prize for all that work. Points for both!

Boy howdy, you pulled off a ton of fine work there Steve, topping it all off with a great seafood cook!. A pool is a standard requirement of life here in AZ, I reckon you'll make good use of one! RAY

Seafood should be a food group all by itself, we love it. I'd be all over that, Steve. And the deck looks nice, too.

Great work with the deck Steve and the gazebo looks killer. Nice job. Now...let's talk about what happened to my seafood dinner invite :emoji_laughing: Good looking stuff right there!!

Robert

I love seafood Steve and yours looks excellent.

Point for sure
Chris

I love seafood Steve and yours looks excellent.

Point for sure
Chris
Thank you Chris!

Great work with the deck Steve and the gazebo looks killer. Nice job. Now...let's talk about what happened to my seafood dinner invite :emoji_laughing: Good looking stuff right there!!

Robert
Lol! Thanks Robert!
Crab legs look excellent as does the deck
Thanks Jim!
Seafood should be a food group all by itself, we love it. I'd be all over that, Steve. And the deck looks nice, too.
I thought it was! Thank you!

Boy howdy, you pulled off a ton of fine work there Steve, topping it all off with a great seafood cook!. A pool is a standard requirement of life here in AZ, I reckon you'll make good use of one! RAY
Thanks Ray! It'll be strange not having the kids in the pool with us. But we'll get used to it.

Great work Steve. Deck refurbed looks great !.
Thank you!

Excellent refurb on the deck Steve! Seafood dinner was a nice prize for all that work. Points for both!
Thanks!
Great job on the deck and gazebo Steve! Even better job on the seafood!

Ryan
Thank you Ryan!

Nice set up.

I actually prefer the taste of snow crab legs over King. They're also cheaper. They're also easier to crack. But I had to stop buying them. My best purchase was a while back - I got a case of $3.99/lb. That price spoiled me forever. Today my grocery has them on sale for $12.99/lb. I don't think so...
Snow crabs are tasty. Though a lot of work for small pieces of meat.

Looks great. One day I will have a yard big enough to have a area like that.

Jim
Thanks Jim!

Great job on the deck Steve, it looks like it came out great. Also looks like a great way to get a new toy (the pressure washer)…..and a new pool!

Nice haul of crab legs too!
Thanks Joe! Every large task is a good excuse for a new toy!

Very nice Steve. Great repurposing of your deck. That seafood looks delicious. Excellent work.
Thank you Mike!

Looks and sounds awesome
Thank you!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky