Seafood Diavolo

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
I left "Fra"out because this wasn't a full-blown dish. And I cut some corners because it was a busy day. And I didn't add any tubers.
P6250342.JPG

Took some Florida pink shrimp, we don't see that here often. And some scallops. And coated them with salt and pepper.

P6250343.JPG

Sautéed with butter to give them a touch of color. Added a splash of lime juice. And set aside.

P6250341.JPG

Here I got lazy. Used the Wegmans brand Diavolo sauce. It's actually pretty darn good. The alfredo sauce was for Ann's crawfish alfredo. Sorry, no pictures of that.
Got the sauce simmering. Added the seafood and let simmer for a few minutes.

P6250344.JPG

Plated up with angel hair pasta. Yum!!

Good looking plate and no blame in cheating a little here and there. Some days its just easiest to take the easy way.
Jim

Looks great . Nothing wrong ( or lazy ) with a good jarred sauce .
Been great with the butter and pan drippings too .
Nice work .

Looks great Steve. Nice work, we've used jarred sauce the last few years. Once we found one we liked, it's consistently good every time.
Nice work.

Reactions: chopsaw
That looks incredible! Shrimp & Scallops…. Mmmmm😃 I don’t think there’s anything lazy about a good canned sauce, practical! Awesome!

Reactions: jcam222
I’ll bet it was fantastic! Jars of premade stuff often find their way into our meals. No need sometimes to not use them.

Reactions: chopsaw
That looks incredible! Shrimp & Scallops…. Mmmmm😃 I don’t think there’s anything lazy about a good canned sauce, practical! Awesome!
I agree! Rao’s , Mezzetta and Victorias are excellent. I especially love the Victoria as it’s extremely close to homemade.

Reactions: bauchjw
Great dish Steve! Hey, if it's Weggies you know it's gonna be good. Sure wish we had a Wegmans out here in Indiana but knowing their business it's unlikely they would ever expand this far west.

Well yes, Steve, I'll have a plate. Thank you...
lol! Thanks!
SIGN ME UP!! I'll take a huge plate of that Steve. Looks absolutely fantastic buddy.

Robert
Thank you my friend! I don't have this near often enough.
MMMMMmmmm!!!!
Bet that tastes Awesome!!
Nice Job, Steve!
Like.

Bear
Thanks John!
Pass me a plate Steve that looks great!
Love some shrimp and scallops!

Keith
Thanks Keith!
Great dish Steve! Hey, if it's Weggies you know it's gonna be good. Sure wish we had a Wegmans out here in Indiana but knowing their business it's unlikely they would ever expand this far west.
Thank you! I like Wegmans. But they need competition. They are getting too big. And expensive. For their own good.
I agree! Rao’s , Mezzetta and Victorias are excellent. I especially love the Victoria as it’s extremely close to homemade.
We have Rao's and Victorias here. Good stuff.
Nice work Steve, I'd be all over that dish! RAY
Thanks Ray! I was!
I’ll bet it was fantastic! Jars of premade stuff often find their way into our meals. No need sometimes to not use them.
Thanks Jeff!
Thank you!
Looks great Steve. Nice work, we've used jarred sauce the last few years. Once we found one we liked, it's consistently good every time.
Nice work.
Thanks Mike! Wegmans sauces are good. Not trying to be too biased though. The company I work for makes them.
Looks great . Nothing wrong ( or lazy ) with a good jarred sauce .
Been great with the butter and pan drippings too .
Nice work .
Thanks Chop! Doing the shrimp and scallops like I did really bumped the flavor. The drippings went right into the sauce.
Good looking plate and no blame in cheating a little here and there. Some days its just easiest to take the easy way.
Jim
Thanks Jim!
Dang that looks delicious Steve. Nice work.
Thank you!

Reactions: MJB05615
Looks great Steve, and nothing wrong with premade items , once you find ones that taste good for what you are doing.
Just means someone gave you a helping hand in the work load. Great meal and my wife would be all over that

David

Looks great Steve, and nothing wrong with premade items , once you find ones that taste good for what you are doing.
Just means someone gave you a helping hand in the work load. Great meal and my wife would be all over that

David
Thanks David!

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Looks great Steve. Bertollis sauce is a fav around here.

Point for sure
Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky