Savannah Stoker II Prototype Installed in the Royall RG 2000

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

savannahsmoker

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Sep 29, 2009
Savannah, GA
Replaced the Ortech controller with the SS II prototype.

Closer up

Smoker Being Controlled by Laptop through Rock’s Stoker Interfaced with a Savannah Stoker II Prototype.

Graph of Smoker Being Controlled by Laptop through Rock’s Stoker Interfaced with a Savannah Stoker II Prototype.

Hmmmm......do you think this controller could replace the controller on the "Smoke Daddy" pellet burner unit?  It looks like his is based on the Treager type burner.  I like the idea of a more accurate PID controller rather than just preset temps, plus the auto tune and the ability to interface a PC......cool stuff!  I plan on converting an old, old refrigerator to a pellet burner.  You wouldn't happen to sell complete burner units, would you?

Hmmmm......do you think this controller could replace the controller on the "Smoke Daddy" pellet burner unit?  It looks like his is based on the Treager type burner.  I like the idea of a more accurate PID controller rather than just preset temps, plus the auto tune and the ability to interface a PC......cool stuff!  I plan on converting an old, old refrigerator to a pellet burner.  You wouldn't happen to sell complete burner units, would you?
It will work on any unit that uses the Traeger or Ortech Controller.

The matter is will it fit.  For instance on the Traeger Jr it has to be mounted in an box on the outside.

Now in your case you are building the cooker so you could build in the room.

Check for availability and prices at Savannah Stoker's Facebook page @ http://www.facebook.com/SavannahStoker

I do have a pellet burner assemble that comes wrap in a Traeger 070 Lil Tex grill that I might sell.

Last edited:
I purchased the Smoke Daddy pellet burner for the fridge conversion.  I am going to give it a shot to see how well in controls the temperature in my smoker.  I am currently in process of the conversion.  I should start a thread on the progress.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky