Sausage Stuffed Pork Loin

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Dutch

Smoking Guru
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Jul 7, 2005
Midvale, UT
In another thread I talked about doing a Smoked Sausage Stuffed Pork Loin for one of the kids.

Heres some pixs of what I did and the finished product.

Enjoy!! Oh and guys (you KNOW who you are) No sniffing or drooling on the monitor please!! :mrgreen:

Here I am filleting out the pork loin, to my left you can see a loin already laid out.
In the cast iron fry pan I have 2 pounds of country sausage, 1/2 onion diced
and 1 pound of fresh mushroom, chopped, I also added some minced garlic-
I think it was 5 or 6 cloves. :D

Here I have the 1/2 of the sausage mixture spread out on the loin and
topped with mozzarella, parmesan and Romano cheese. Next I rolled the
loin back up and used metal skewers to hold the roll together while I tied
it using cotton twine.

Two pork loins stuffed, rolled, tied and rubbed and waiting for the smoker to
come up to temp. And the loins in the smoker.

Here is the finished pork loins just out of the smoker and at 161 degrees.
Sliced and ready to serve. Anyone hungry??

Dutch, I ate so much supper that one more bite and I would explode, but after looking over you beautiful stuffed loin, I can't see what a couple slices of that would hurt. Great job, and I just happened to buy a couple loins today, and it looks like this is what we will be having this weekend. Thanks Dutch, did you use any rub on the loin. You may have said, but I could not read the text for drooli- , I mean lusting over the pictures. BEAR

Thanks Bear, the rub I used is one that's currently under development.
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1/4 cup kosher salt
1 Tablespoon paprika
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon of fresh ground black pepper

The wife wanted something WITHOUT heat so no ground red pepper :(

This post edited 'cuz I had a senior moment during the original post and forgot to list the paprika. :oops:

No red Pepper, I thought that was in all recipes, even cakes. I have a rub that is close to that, same amount of brown sugar, 1 tablespoon kosher, 1 teaspoon Morton Natures Season, and a couple shakes of cayenne. Sometimes substitute Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herb or Season All for the Natures Season. We lean towards the sweet and spicy stuff, but not to the point of medical assistance. I will try your rub Dutch, but I gotta admit, leaving out the cayenne will test my restraint. :lol: BEAR

I hear ya Bear but the wife was adamant about the red pepper 'cuz the gal brought the babies along.

I think that 1/2 - 1 teaspoon of red pepper should oughta kick it up some. :twisted:

BTW, I amended the recipe. I forgot to add the paprika-

Dutch,

Man you the master. :) This is another great Dutch recipe that is getting put in my aresnal of killer food. I've never filleted a lon before is there anything special tips I should know?

I think that when I do this, I may add a can of drained crushed pineapple to the sausage. I think that Pork and Pineapple are two great tastes that go great together.

Earl, you're killin' me brother! I was sitting at work when I fired up the 'puter, and the first thing I see is your post! I'd barely finished my morning coffee fer cryin'out loud! The picture's were tough enough to handle, but did you really have to suggest that monitor sniffing is a bad thing? Now that takes alot of nerve, I tell ya! :mrgreen: Oh well, at least you didn't mention any names... :oops:

All kidding aside, that looks really great. I tried something similar last fall that turned out pretty well also. After viewing your pics, it reminded me how much fun it was hearing all of the "Ooohs" and "Aaahs" when I began slicing and plating the finished product. This one really makes for a spectacular presentation. I think I'll put this on my schedule to do again very soon.

Cheers,
Brian

Michael, A good sharp knife and a steady hand!! With the loin placed in front of you (see 1st photo), hold your knife about 1/2 inch above the cutting board and slice into the loin about 1 1/2 -2 inches, while pulling the knife toward you :shock: (this is where the steady hand comes in). This first cut will become your guide for the remaining. Tilt the loin away from from your knife hand to open up the first slice, place the knife blade on top of this slice and repeat the slicing process. What you want to do is "unroll" the loin with your slicing. If you're not comfortable doing this, ask your butcher to do it for you.

This looks so good. My Dad does something kind of like this but the filling is charred poblano pepper slices and smoked cheeses. I think I'll have to send this to him so we can make it on our next trip to OKC. He's much better at the fileting than I am, then again he has some 20 years experience on me. Can't wait to try it, thanks for the post Dutch.

I knew my monitor was smelling a little better this morning than usual.
wink.gif

Pork stuffed pork! Did ya think to wrap it in bacon? :D Pork wrapped pork stuffed pork!!!

Looks mighty fine Earl. 8)

Bob, it was my original intention to use a couple of fatties, but my two boys managed to sniff out the two I had hidden away. Me thinks that they used my two beagles to stiff out the fatties and between the four of them they ate the fatties. :(

I thought about wrapping the loins in bacon but I only had half a pound in the fridge.

Dutch,
I'm giving this a try this morning. I got so excited that I forgot to put on the cheese after I spread out the stuffing. Also will have to get smoother with filleting the loin. It doesn't have a spine and ribs to guide me, so gentle as she goes.

Anyhow, my camera died after the first picture, so I'll post some tomorrow of how it came out!

Jay

:D Earl you gave me an Idea now I know what my next project is going to be that loin looks great. Now that you mentioned that I took a brisket today took all the fat off and hammered it flat I was thinking of stuffing that with something don't know with what yet thanks for the idea :idea:

Daveyhunter

Davey, If I find a post that should be in another thread, I'll move it or notify the poster by PM where their post should go. If it gets to be a problem, then I'll just have to ask a couple of the guys to fold you in half and stuff you in your smoker. :mrgreen: Luckily though I haven't had to do that yet.

Reactions: ryantheinsane1
Way Cool Dutch, They look AWESOME! I have stuffed double thick pork chops with a sasuage stuffing but never the loin. I'll have to try it .. Sometimes the whole pork tenderloin goes on sale for 1.99 per lb. When it goes on sale you'll know what I'll be doing..

Great Pics also ... Nice step by step info.

Joe

Joe, This is made with the pork loin. I've too have been tempted to stuff the tenderloin but I find that it is to small to get a decent fillet. Now what I love to do is cut the tenderloin into 1 inch medallions, sprinkle it with a little garlic salt toss it onto a hot grill and mop it with my Mahogany sauce. See my Smoked Pork Loin with Mahogany Sauce post for the sauce recipe.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky