Sausage grinders and stuffers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
That grinder is just a cheap "Made in China" grinder. The pulley came with the unit. The only mods that I have made was to a couple of plates.

I motorized my hand grinder too, when I got tired of cranking. Then I got tired of "trying" to stuff with a grinder so I got an F **** stuffer, that I refurbished. I also added a mixer for big jobs. I typically do 25 to 50 lbs. per session. I am thinking about a smaller stuffer for smaller batches.
8619e9e3_vbattach23776.jpg

b062ee4a_vbattach23777.jpg

1160a192_vbattach23778.jpg

Mulepacking, what motor do you have? I see it's a direct connect with love joy couplers but isn't your motor turning too fast? I do not see a speed reducer there at all and that has been my achilles heel. I simply cannot find a speed reducer that will work.

Its a Dayton gear reduction motor. 1725 RPM with reduction ratio of 14.4:1. My final speed is about 120. It works very well.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky