Sausage Cranberry Dressing

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Dutch

Smoking Guru
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Jul 7, 2005
Midvale, UT
Ok, folks here it is, I promised ya that I would post my dressing recipe in another thread. So throw a fattie in the smoker and Enjoy! :D

Sausage Cranberry Dressing

Ingredients:
6 cups bread croutons made from white and wheat bread (see Instructions)
1 pound sausage, browned, drained and crumbled
1/4 cup freshly chopped sage or 1/8 cup dried sage
2/3 cups chicken stock
3/4 cup dried sweet cranberries
1/2 cup toasted pecan halves and pieces
1/4 cup diced celery
1/2 cup diced onion
extra virgin olive oil
salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste

Instructions:
Stack the bread and cut into 1/2 inch cubes and place bread cubs into a large bowl. Drizzle enough olive oil onto the bread to lightly coat. Place fresh or dried sage into bowl with bread cubes; sprinkle with salt and freshly cracked pepper. Spread bread cubes out on a cookie sheet and place into a 350 degree oven for approximately 20 minutes or until bread pieces have dried out and become golden. Remove from oven and allow bread to cool.

Place cooled bread cubes into a large bowl and add the crumbled sausage, cranberries, toasted pecans, celery and onions; toss to incorporate all ingredients. Pour chicken stock over stuffing and place stuffing into an oven proof casserole dish and cover with aluminum foil.
Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.

No question about it!!!

This one is definitely on the menu for Turkey day! Thanks, Dutch.

Happy holidays to all!

Cheers,
Brian

Well, so much for another Thanksgiving! Once again I will be with my brothers and sisters in orange making sure that the holidays are safe and that everyone gets to and from grandma's house safely. We are expecting a load of white stuff from now till the weekend in this area. If all of you just take a moment to raise your glass to the people who keep it safe for the rest of us, the firemen, the police, the road crews, the utility workers that have to respond to broken poles and whatever I would greatly appreciate that moment. And lets not forget our military. We have so much to truly be thankful for. Happy Thanksgiving and God Bless America!
Monty

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky