Saturday's brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Welcome back SoFlaQuer
icon_exclaim.gif
I just rubbed it real good with Tony Chachere's creole seasoning. It's my favorite way to do a brisket.

Hope you enjoy it Richard
cool.gif
, it has a lot of worchestshire sauce in it so don't overdo it.

Cajun,

I was curiously interested in the "Brisket Sauce". I'm glad you enjoy it, but it has one ingredient that s a "Red Flag" to any Pit Master........Liquid Smoke!

You want the fruits of your labor to permeate the meat, not an artificial agent.

IMHO, you may want to try using a good rub, then spraying with a "beef" mop (which I can help you with) after the 1st 3 - 4 hrs.

Jeff

I have used lots of different rubs and lots of different mops thru the years, some were very good, some not so good. I do not start mopping for about 4 hours and by then the smoke flavor is already in my meat. On this particular brisket the temp was at 132* internal when I started to mop. As far as the Brisket Sauce goes, I cant taste the liquid smoke, it is overpowered by the worchestshire and the real smoke. I am not advocating everyone use it, but if I like the taste of something I use it.

Cajun,

If you've read any of my post's throughout the years, you know that my main credo is, "Whatever Works For You!".

There are strict basics to smoking meat properly (which you've done) - however rubs, mops, etc. are very much open to taste. I know a long time Pit Master that strickly uses nothing but salt and pepper. Hey, it's not how I do it, but he prefers the success he has with it. If you are satisfied with the results.....that's all that matters. I just wanted to offer my $0.02.

Jeff

Jeff!!! Glad to see you emerge from the Everglades!!
biggrin.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky