SATURDAY NIGHT SALMON

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Great looking meal, Al! 

We hot smoke salmon for a quick meal all the time but I have never put pats of butter on it. I will have to try that.

Points for a new idea.

Disco

Great looking meal, Al! 

We hot smoke salmon for a quick meal all the time but I have never put pats of butter on it. I will have to try that.

Points for a new idea.

Disco
Thanks Disco!

Yea the butter really kicks it up a notch!

Al

I followed the recipe and say that this was very good!  Next time I would add more mesquite chips (i think 35 min is very short to absorb smoke), and ease off on the amount of cajun rub.

Thanks for the recipe!

I followed the recipe and say that this was very good!  Next time I would add more mesquite chips (i think 35 min is very short to absorb smoke), and ease off on the amount of cajun rub.

Thanks for the recipe!
Your welcome!

I'm glad you liked it!

Al

Hi Al - my wife was just asking about taking a break from pork smoking and how about doing some fish?  This looks tasty, quick and easy, but a couple of quick questions:

1) Did you do the salmon to a specific IT or just by appearance and flaking (like I would normally do when baking or pan frying it)?

2) Where do you buy the Tone's Cajun?  I used to get it at Sam's Club but they stopped carrying it a few years ago!  The Tone's Cajun I used to get was great because it was lower in salt than most commercial Cajun seasonings - I assume the one you have there is the same (salt isn't in the first one or two ingredients listed...)

Thanks!

I cook it to appearance, but the IT is 140 that you are looking for.

If you are cooking to appearance now, continue to do it that way when you smoke it.

I got the Tones at Sam's, ours still carries it. Yes you are correct, salt is the 3rd ingredient on the list. You can also buy it on line at Sam's Club on line.

I just checked & it's $9 dollars & change.

Al

Sorry I'm Late Al !!

Thanks to Frankly for being late too, and bumping this up for me to see. Must just take awhile for us Lehigh Valley guys to find these things!!!

Looks Mighty Tasty Al ! 
drool.gif
----
points.gif

I gotta make some Salmon one of these days too, but then I gotta eat alone. 
th_dunno-1%5B1%5D.gif

Bear

Thanks Al - unfortunately that's in in-store only item and they won't ship it!  But now I'm on a quest to find it so thanks for posting up that pic of it and getting me motivated to find it again!

Hey Bear - checking out MusikFest at all this week?

Sorry I'm Late Al !!

Thanks to Frankly for being late too, and bumping this up for me to see. Must just take awhile for us Lehigh Valley guys to find these things!!!

Looks Mighty Tasty Al ! 
drool.gif
----
points.gif

I gotta make some Salmon one of these days too, but then I gotta eat alone. 
th_dunno-1%5B1%5D.gif

Bear
Thanks Bear!

I appreciate the point too!

Al

Looking good Al, I'm loving the salmon plate. I have a jug of the Tones Cajun, its great on all kinds of stuff.

Thanks Red,

I know what you mean about the Cajun, we put it on everything!

Al

Thanks Al - unfortunately that's in in-store only item and they won't ship it!  But now I'm on a quest to find it so thanks for posting up that pic of it and getting me motivated to find it again!

I'm sure you can get it somewhere on the internet.

Al

No---I don't get to those kind of things.

If I could, I would go to the other one---->http://awkscht.com

The Awkscht Fest is in Macungie this weekend (53rd year).

Food, KCBS Comp, Car Show, and I heard "The Fonz" will be there (LOL).

Got a Family Picnic Tomorrow (Mrs Bear's Side).

Bear

Sorry about the Hijack, Al.

No---I don't get to those kind of things.

If I could, I would go to the other one---->http://awkscht.com

The Awkscht Fest is in Macungie this weekend (53rd year).

Food, KCBS Comp, Car Show, and I heard "The Fonz" will be there (LOL).

Got a Family Picnic Tomorrow (Mrs Bear's Side).

Bear

Sorry about the Hijack, Al.
No prob!

They both sound like a lot of fun!

Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky