Saturday morning smoke.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ChuckEWil

Fire Starter
Original poster
Dec 30, 2017
Indiana
Post some pics here of what you got smoking on this beautiful Saturday.

Attachments

• 174F906F-EB6E-4421-A8A4-A5BA2EFA8904.jpeg
    174F906F-EB6E-4421-A8A4-A5BA2EFA8904.jpeg
    121.5 KB · Views: 27
Good thread to get the weekend started. Hopefully others join in with some pics. Im cookin tomorrow

10 hours in, 167f IT. S. Carolina Style Pork Butt!
I injected mine so had to get to 140 in the 4 hour window. What is the temp on the smoker? Mine have an IT of 175 and have been on 5 hours. First two hours at 275-285, last three at 225. I am trying to get them 8 hours cook time before they get to 204.

I just pulled mine off. 7 hour cook. Not sure how you guys do it with those long cooks. My butts we’re at 206 IT. 1 hour rest then delivered to the graduation party. Pictures later.

I use a MES so it maintains the temp, and I just do pellets for long smokes. Any thing under 8 hours I just do wood chips.

I’m using a reverse flow stick burner. Temps are pretty consistent not like a mes but I have it dialed in pretty well. I’m not injecting next time and going slower. At least that’s the goal.

I think I lucked out, my MES is pretty accurate and consistent. It's learning the optimal air flow for the pellets I have problems with!

Considering I started this at 10 PM yesterday and it was 5 PM when I checked temps as 187 and 190 in two spots...well. This is turning into my longest smoke yet. 225f all the way still, two pellet trays, now I'm just gonna feed it the occasionally cherry wood.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky