Sandwich Spread

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Texas Cookin'

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jan 28, 2019
Sowsage Sowsage posted his recipe for the spread he put on his steak sandwich and it got me to thinking. I used to find a product that was just called sandwich spread in the condiment aisle of the grocery store. It was pinkish in color and seemed somewhat like a Russian dressing. I can no longer find this stuff. Anyone have any idea what this is and how I might be able to replicate it in a home made version?

Thanks
Fred

Reactions: Wurstmeister

Is this like what your looking for?
Jim

Is this like what your looking for?
Jim
Hmm possibly. Maybe my recollection is off and it wasn't pink colored?

Reactions: JLeonard
I know exactly what your talking about. Kraft sandwich spread. Bearcarver Bearcarver turned me on to it. Great on sandwiches and use as tarter sauce with fried fish. I can get it around here. Usually on the shelf with the mayo
Good stuff!
Screenshot_20210125-121803~2.png

Try some Durkee famous sauce if you can find it. Blue lid. It’s amazing on a sammich.

Durkee's is great stuff! I use it for dipping when having salmon, trout, or kokanee, it's a requirement. I'm usually just a straight mayo and mustard guy on sanny's. RAY

Durkee's is great stuff! I use it for dipping when having salmon, trout, or kokanee, it's a requirement. I'm usually just a straight mayo and mustard guy on sanny's. RAY
I had to google "Kokanee". Probably the southern boy in me.

I know exactly what your talking about. Kraft sandwich spread. Bearcarver Bearcarver turned me on to it. Great on sandwiches and use as tarter sauce with fried fish. I can get it around here. Usually on the shelf with the mayo
Good stuff!
View attachment 481755

We used to get it one jar at a time, but since we've been ordering things over the Internet, I order "Kraft Sandwich Spread" by the 6-Pack, and save on Shipping.
Been eating it since First Grade----About 67 years!!!

Bear

Reactions: ptcruiserguy
Yep, about 15 yrs behind you. Had plenty of it back then, do still have a jar around at all times.

LOL---When I was a Kid, my Lunchbox was rather Limited:
It was one of the below, beginning in First Grade: (1954)
PB &J Sammy.
Sandwich Spread Sammy.
Lebanon Bologna---One slice.
Rabbit, Squirrel, or Deer meat Sammy with Mayo.

And a Banana.
In My Hopalong Cassidy Lunchbox.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky