Sand Bass

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
Friend took me fishing yesterday and caught some Sand Bass. I get to go when ever his wife is busy. Seasoned and light coat of flour and pan fried. Pretty tasty. Last of that coleslaw made this weekend and some green tomato relish. I about to give up on a boat. When you can find one the prices are crazy. They asking more than these old boats sold for new.

20210818_174503.jpg

Got some Hatch Peppers roasted and clean. That really not that much fun. Gonna freeze some and dehydrate some to make a seasoning. Got some hot and medium. Those hot are crazy hot!

20210818_150027.jpg

Any photos from out fishing? I’ve never caught a sand bass
The only photo was just as we packing it in. Was raining off and on so had phone put up. I guess the wind caught his shirt making him look like a fat guy like me but he is not. We call them sandies around here but they are White Bass.

20210817_100053.jpg WhiteLead.jpg

Reactions: JLeonard
Nice looking batch of bass Brian - also looks like a good way to spend the day. As for the boat. When you stop looking for one is when one will fall in your lap. In the meantime, be patient and find things for your buddies wife to do. So you get to go more often.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: BrianGSDTexoma
The only photo was just as we packing it in. Was raining off and on so had phone put up. I guess the wind caught his shirt making him look like a fat guy like me but he is not. We call them sandies around here but they are White Bass.

View attachment 508166View attachment 508168
Growing up on Lake Murray, there was a lot of white bass, but now they've been gone for many years. Closest thing I've had to them is a hybrid bass which is a cross between a white bass and a striped bass(stripers as we call them). Every year in the spring and fall, me and a bunch of my fishing buddies make the trek to Lake Cherokee in Tennessee to fish. We catch a good many hybrids as well as stripers. Love deep fried fish, though.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky