Salmon croquettes and eggplant appetizer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jcam222

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 13, 2017
Northeast Ohio
B946B932-1527-4F11-9D61-08DCC9190674.jpeg
53B49E7F-7AB1-4DBA-9046-00002A78A2D2.jpeg
Monday’s time to get past Monday supper on the Blackstone. 🙂 Appetizer is fried eggplant , basil and heirloom tomato topped with a Parmesan garlic sauce and a hint of lemon zest. Entree is a salmon croquette with caper dill aioli on a bed of arugula , cherry tomato , crumbled lemon peel Stilton and oregano blossoms tossed in a fresh lemon dill dressing. Did the salmon and eggplant on the griddle. This one is 10/10 wife approved. I gotta say I really am loving arugula. All sauces and dressings homemade and keto of course. Used Aunt Millie Low carb bread to make the breadcrumbs for the salmon.

Last edited:
The eggplant and salmon croquette looks delicious Jeff! And you’re right about arugula, it really is a great lettuce because that peppery bite goes so well against other ingredients. You mentioned not being able to find sorrel. It’s too sour by itself but when it’s mixed with arugula, it’s very good.

I’m interested in that caper dill dressing. I would use it on tuna patties because I have a hard time liking salmon. I want to like it and always try it but I can’t get a taste for it. Croquettes and lox are two things left for me to try, if those don’t do it, nothing will.

Reactions: chef jimmyj
Beautiful Pics and all sounds so good. I made more Salmon Cakes than I care to remember. Would open and clean 24 cans of Salmon per batch.
My Parents and brother also loved Salmon Cakes. Like Ray, I never developed a taste for them, or Salmon in general. I will eat Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese Maki Sushi...JJ

Reactions: xray
I'm gonna be at Jeff's door like...

68VjSo.gif

Looks outstanding man! Plating as always is top notch. Joe xray xray shared his arugula salad recipe with me and I got hooked on it. Good stuff. You care to share your parmesan garlic sauce recipe?

I'm gonna be at Jeff's door like...

View attachment 505714

Looks outstanding man! Plating as always is top notch. Joe xray xray shared his arugula salad recipe with me and I got hooked on it. Good stuff. You care to share your parmesan garlic sauce recipe?
I will post up the recipes tonight. They are very basic but tasty.

Jeff that looks absolutely incredible buddy!! Magnificent plate of food that I'd be honored to wit down to. Great work once again.

Robert

Reactions: jcam222
Looks amazing, Jeff. Salmon patties have always been a staple around our house and I recently started making them with fresh salmon. It's about the only way my wife will eat fresh salmon.

Yes, very nice presentation. Since the wife and I do a lot of Salmon fishing we create Salmon patties from the bone scraping and small pieces we accumulate during our fish processing. Yes I almost like the patties over grilled filets, etc.

I will say, we have never done a dish like what Jeff has done above. Awesome work.

Nice job all around looks great. I like salmon cakes but I have never had eggplant. I take can salmon and mix it up just like doing tuna fish salad.

Warren

xray and chefjj. have y'all tried mackerel patties? Often called poor man's salmon patties. I like them as a change and if you don't like salmon they might suit you better.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky