Safeway - Pork Loin Rib Half Sliced; good price?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mt higgins

Original poster
Nov 5, 2013
I saw this today, and if you are able to take advantage of it by having a Safeway near you, seems like a good deal?

Uncut Pork Loin Rib Half Sliced - $1.29/lbs until November 12th.

Uncut, they weigh in at roughly 10lbs.

I looked at 4 of them at my local Safeway this morning. They looked really good. I'll buy a couple and smoke one whole Saturday.

FYI - i'm in Colorado, but Safeway is a Northern California based grocery chain.

th_crybaby2.gif
It's not fair. We don't have a Safeway. I'd fill the freezer.

Happy smoken.

David

Nice deal, our Safeway here in Washington has pork shoulder blade roasts for that same price. For here that's a good price we usually pick up a few for bacon / pulled pork...

Not sure what the "sliced" part means?

If that is a whole half loin intact, you couldn't beat the price.

I'm thinking the sirloin half of the pork loin which is a great cut.

But, the "sliced part"?  Not sure what that means.

Good luck and good smoking.

Not sure what the "sliced" part means?

If that is a whole half loin intact, you couldn't beat the price.

I'm thinking the sirloin half of the pork loin which is a great cut.

But, the "sliced part"?  Not sure what that means.

That means that the meat cutter will slice it for you into whatever sized boneless chops you would like, or into two or three roasts, etc.

Normally these are rib halves as the loin half has the sirloin cut off and sold separately at a higher price, along with the porterhouse loin section sold as a boneless roast as separate at a higher price too.  (The smaller COV boneless roasts in separate section of the meatcase). for greater profits.  The rib half of the loin is the least desirable cut so you can lowball that price and make it up on the porterhouse loin and sirloins, more consumer friendly sizes to the home maker.  Their loss, our gain!

Last edited:
The master has spoken!  Pops is the man!

I know he likes the pork sirloin roast, and so do I!

Seems like we get the center cuts at a higher price. But I like the sirloin roast for roasting and cutting into cutlets.  They are perfect for our house!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky