Ryan Flynn: present and accounted for

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ryan flynn

Original poster
Sep 5, 2016
My friend and colleague Ben Gorrell pointed me to this site.

I was a smoker when I was a kid, but I didn't know it -- my dad built a huge smoker on an axel that can be pulled by a truck. It is big enough to smoke 4 whole hogs. It uses charcoal. I used to help him cook pigs and serve the pork for weddings, graduations, anniversaries, retirement parties, etc.

I "smoked" a brisket once but at one point I wasn't happy with the heat, so I squirted a bunch of lighter fluid into already-burning charcoal, and then the ignition singed my arm-hairs and eyebrows... :-D

I seriously got into smoking a couple of years ago when I bought a Pit Barrel Cooker -- http://www.pitbarrelcooker.com/

Since then, I've done steaks, burgers, chicken wings, beer can chicken, brisket, tri-tip, st. louis style ribs, country style ribs, boston butt, a whole turkey, a whole ham, onions, potatoes, cheese, salmon, and trout -- to VARYING degrees of success!! :-)

I get many compliments on my results, but now I'm obsessed with perfection. I want to build an ugly drum smoker, a vertical barrel smoker with a separate wood/charcoal department, a smoke house out of wood/concrete, a pig roaster with cinder block pits, a Hawaiian pig roast with a pig in the ground, a trailer smoker, etc., etc., etc.

Sincerely,

Ryan

Hi Ryan!

welcome1.gif

to SMF!

Glad to have you aboard!

Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky