Rudy's pork loin recipe?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
3lbs injected and waiting for smoker this weekend. Pellicle Friday (if I don't forget :D)

Went with:
10% water
1.5% salt
.5% phosphate
.25% msg
.1% granulated garlic

EDIT: Black pepper rub right?
That phosphate will probably be a a game changer. Haven't used any rub on mine (served to a party of vanilla folks).

Rudy's has Good BBQ, Hit and Miss The one here in Tyler Is usually good I think for a while they changed Pit masters
which made a huge difference. Most Folks have a tendency to Over Cook Pork which dry's it out, especially Pork Loins which are super lean.

Gary

Rudy's has Good BBQ, Hit and Miss The one here in Tyler Is usually good I think for a while they changed Pit masters
which made a huge difference. Most Folks have a tendency to Over Cook Pork which dry's it out, especially Pork Loins which are super lean.

Gary
I'm down to about 1/4 of my last large bottle of Rudy's bbq Sause :(
I guess I'll have to go there, eat some bbq, and drop a stupid amount of money on like 5 more bottles of the stuff lol :P

Just an update. Made this again with 1/3 of a loin. A little over 1% salt (combined meat and water). Watched the curing fridge temps like a hawk for 10 days. Perfectly brined, the only wiff detectable when opening the container was of cured meat.
Smoked this for a summer gathering - was a big hit. Tender, moist , perfectly seasoned.
I just reheated the leftovers in the microwave in the vacuum bag (usually i drop the bag in hot water but we were pressed for time). While it was a little overooked it was still juicy. Even the microwave couldnt ruin it.

This is clearly my favourite loin smoke/cook...beats cured chops(IMO).

Reactions: tallbm and zwiller
Just an update. Made this again with 1/3 of a loin. A little over 1% salt (combined meat and water). Watched the curing fridge temps like a hawk for 10 days. Perfectly brined, the only wiff detectable when opening the container was of cured meat.
Smoked this for a summer gathering - was a big hit. Tender, moist , perfectly seasoned.
I just reheated the leftovers in the microwave in the vacuum bag (usually i drop the bag in hot water but we were pressed for time). While it was a little overooked it was still juicy. Even the microwave couldnt ruin it.

This is clearly my favourite loin smoke/cook...beats cured chops(IMO).
mmmm sounds good!

I still have quite a bit of food to eat through in the freezer but once it is done this is on my list. I'll likely do it in thick chops just to cut down the curing time :)

Is this the Rudy’s that does the sissy sauce?

If so, I love that sauce! My wife’s co-worker brought me a bottle from Waco TX. I’ve been nowhere close to Texas...so I might check online for it.

Reactions: tallbm
Nice!

What is the difference between the original and sissy? If it’s for sissies I’ll take the original! Lol

Yeah motocrash explained it pretty well.
Everynow and again you can get a batch of the regular sause that seems a little spicier than normal but I noticed that the heat level seems to go down more the longer it is in the fridge. Honestly I think a lot of the heat comes from the good cracked black pepper they use versus throwing in a bunch cayenne or something like that.

Rudy's is my favorite BBQ sauce/sause by far. Very savory, has sweetness but not overboard, and has the other tastes and complexity that are done perfectly to give the most amazing flavor.

I wouldnt say it is an "even blend of flavor" but more like a sauce that has a variety of highlights or taste "features" where none of them over take the other yet all can be greatly appreciated and enjoyed. It is a synergy of flavors I guess hahaha.

Reactions: xray
I guess i'll never hear the end of it: i've never used rudy's bbq sauce. Ate there 4-5 times.

I don't think i used bbq sauce on my meats for over 15 years.

Yeah,just like you're thinking,the Sissy Sause is easy on the heat. Though the regular Sause is really not that hot,just awesome.

Yeah motocrash explained it pretty well.
Everynow and again you can get a batch of the regular sause that seems a little spicier than normal but I noticed that the heat level seems to go down more the longer it is in the fridge. Honestly I think a lot of the heat comes from the good cracked black pepper they use versus throwing in a bunch cayenne or something like that.

Rudy's is my favorite BBQ sauce/sause by far. Very savory, has sweetness but not overboard, and has the other tastes and complexity that are done perfectly to give the most amazing flavor.

I wouldnt say it is an "even blend of flavor" but more like a sauce that has a variety of highlights or taste "features" where none of them over take the other yet all can be greatly appreciated and enjoyed. It is a synergy of flavors I guess hahaha.

Thanks guys! The sissy sause that I had was very good with a very forward black pepper bite. I loved it!

Heat and spice doesn’t bother me so the original sauce would do just fine. I’m going to order a bottle or 3!!

I guess i'll never hear the end of it: i've never used rudy's bbq sauce. Ate there 4-5 times.

:emoji_dizzy_face::emoji_dizzy_face::emoji_dizzy_face:

Hahahaha it's no biggy. It's definitely worth a try next time you eat there. The sause also works really well to dip fries in :)

Thanks guys! The sissy sause that I had was very good with a very forward black pepper bite. I loved it!

Heat and spice doesn’t bother me so the original sauce would do just fine. I’m going to order a bottle or 3!!

I think you are going to love it!
It is a good Christmas present to ask for that isn't too expensive or is a good one to gift out for white elephants or any general gifting without breaking the bank :)

You sir,have done yourself a disservice.I dare you to rub/smoke wings and then Sause with Rudy's.Money!
https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/winchester-wings.279137/

upload_2019-7-10_19-21-45.png

Reactions: tallbm
I made this again. A little bit of funky smell when opening the brining container. It went away after washing the meat.

20190921_170826_HDR-1.jpg
20190922_125930-1.jpg

Very moist and tender after pulling at 147F and 20min rest.

Reactions: DanMcG and tallbm
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky