Rubbed the belly, it's Bacon time!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I may go longer on the next batch. Don't know when that will though because this is a ton of bacon!
Now that would depend on your kids....LOL. my youngest (29) would eat one of those loafs like an Apple if someone would let him. around here I have to have two piles (one to be pilford by both boys) and the hidden pile for us. I think restocking is the only reason they drop by...
ROTF.gif

Tom

Now that would depend on your kids....LOL. my youngest (29) would eat one of those loafs like an Apple if someone would let him. around here I have to have two piles (one to be pilford by both boys) and the hidden pile for us. I think restocking is the only reason they drop by...:ROTF

Tom

Yeah my boys 9 & 14 would probably finish off a whole pack if allowed!

One more note for this smoke. I added white pepper to a few of the slabs. We sampled some of that today for breakfast. I will be adding it to the mix from now on. Super good but not over bearing!

One more note for this smoke. I added white pepper to a few of the slabs. We sampled some of that today for breakfast. I will be adding it to the mix from now on. Super good but not over bearing!
Case,

we like it as well. I pepper crust it CBP then the other seasoning with 1-1 OP and GP and 1/2part white pepper, what percentage did you use?

Thanks,

Tom

Case,
we like it as well. I pepper crust it CBP then the other seasoning with 1-1 OP and GP and 1/2part white pepper, what percentage did you use?

Thanks,
Tom

I used 1 teaspoon white pepper per 1/2 belly. Cracked black pepper I just grind until I like the look of the top.

alright! alright, I may have to try it,,,So you smoked this for 13hrs?? Cold smoke or did you have heat on?? If so what smoker temp and what did you take belly to for IT?? 

Your going to cost me alot of money if this works out you know that right?? If it doesn't work out I do not want to see you at my funeral LOL 

DS

alright! alright, I may have to try it,,,So you smoked this for 13hrs?? Cold smoke or did you have heat on?? If so what smoker temp and what did you take belly to for IT?? 

Your going to cost me alot of money if this works out you know that right?? If it doesn't work out I do not want to see you at my funeral LOL 

DS

Actually bacon is one of the cheaper things you can smoke.

I had a total of 18 hours of smoke.

Cold smoke is the way I like to smoke my bacon. The temp in the smoker was right around 55.

I used 1 teaspoon white pepper per 1/2 belly. Cracked black pepper I just grind until I like the look of the top.
Case,

contemplating your 1/2tsp per slab you might be a little lighter than me with the WP. I make the rub in a bowl all mixed together then add/rub to the meat so hard to really compare. you might have to send some over Mt. Hood to have tested/compared.... scientific reasons only 
th_roflmao.gif

Tom 

Case,

contemplating your 1/2tsp per slab you might be a little lighter than me with the WP. I make the rub in a bowl all mixed together then add/rub to the meat so hard to really compare. you might have to send some over Mt. Hood to have tested/compared.... scientific reasons only 
th_roflmao.gif

Tom 

It's my understanding there's a long standing border patrol between Oregon and Washington. It's sole purpose is to maintain the state of Oregons Weinhards supply and bacon reserves within the confines of Oregon!

Late to the party sorry   Looks great  nice job  
points1.png

Gary

I love to do my own bacon, but the bellies around here are just too dang high

Gary

I love to do my own bacon, but the bellies around here are just too dang high

Gary

Ours were too until Costco started carrying them. That's why I used to BBB pretty much exclusively. Which it's still my favorite, unfortunately the butts are more expensive than the bellies!!!

Butts here have been $.99 lb. off and on, I loaded up. Bellies are $4 - $5 lb.  go figure. They tell me its supply and demand, thet just don't have anyone asking for bellies anymore.

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky