Rub Storage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

crclass

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 28, 2014
LaCrosse, Wisconsin
For me weekends are my smoking days. I usually mix up a batch of rub (Jeff's) that will last a few weeks. I know most of us have a vacuum sealer, so do yourself a favor and get the canning jar accessory. I mix my rub and put it in a canning jar then vacuum seal it. It stays fresh and if it does clump it is still not dried out so shaking it will usually loosen it back up.

Last edited:
I also have a lid with holes drilled in it like a shaker top. I store it on top the same jar with a screw on ring. Lots of jar lids will fit the same size canning jars and you can drill them and just screw them on over your sealed jar.

What is this longer than 2 weeks rub storage you speak of? I'm lucky if I don't use up all my rub in a week lol. I usually store mine in a Tupperware container but yeah after a month it can clump up I just use a fork to whisk it around and break it up.

I usually just smoke for 2 of us and like it fresh so not filling up the smoker! If I filled the smoker everytime I would be stuck on 1 side of the door or the other.

I keep mine in a mason jar, but haven’t vac packed it yet. And I don’t know why!
I have the vac sealer attachment & will vac mine as soon as I get offline!
Thanks for the tip!
Al

When I make rubs up with brown sugar I use Domino's Brownulated , great stuff and no clumping when stored in a air tite jar

Reactions: crclass
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky