• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Rub Question

pandemonium

Master of the Pit
Joined Aug 4, 2009
I have noticed in my secret rub that it seems to be hotter now than when i made it, its a little older than i would like to use it, been like three months ago, chili powder and cayenne powder are the only two ingrediants that could have the heat and i didnt put enough to make it hot, Do you pepper heads know if either of the two would get hotter as they aged?

You can smell the heat in the jar as well and couldnt before.

eman

Smoking Guru
Staff member
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 3, 2009
LOL< Yes cayanne pepper will make your rub a little hotter as it ages .Not the peppers ageing ,but the oils getting into the other ingrediants in the rub.

mballi3011

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 12, 2009

Now thats always good to know. Thanks Bob for that tibit of information.

eman

Smoking Guru
Staff member
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 3, 2009
Also alot of the herbs and seasonings we use do fade w/ age.

meateater

Legendary Pitmaster
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2009
Depending on how it's stored if the humidy level drops and it cake's up it seems to get hotter also, but that's a good thing.

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.