• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Round two Boston Butt and ribs.

rmciottijr

Joined Jan 5, 2014
Guys,

This is my first time smoking ribs second time smoking and I had one question. Do you guys put your Rub on the ribs and let them sit in the refrigerator wrapped in tinfoil like you do your Boston butt?

On the pork butt I applied my rub and I have it wrapped going in the refrigerator for 12 hours then on to the smoker.

Thanks,
Bob

JckDanls 07

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 10, 2011
yup.. pull the membrane off them first.. rub em up and set in em in the fridge.... I always save some rub to put a second coat on as I put them (both ribs and butts) on the smoker....

butch cassidy

Fire Starter
Joined Mar 30, 2011
Same here ^^^^^^ I do not spare the rub ( Jef's ) either. I either put mustard or olive oil on first and then the rub.

rmciottijr

Joined Jan 5, 2014
I am not sure when the meat temperature plateau hits but the pork (9lb) has been in since 7:30 (4hr) and the temperature went form 43 to 135 will it plateau? I hope it does because this will be finished sooner then planed.

Thanks,

Bob

butch cassidy

Fire Starter
Joined Mar 30, 2011
All of mine have usually had 1 to 2 stalls, about 140 and 175 or 180 then you will be saying "speed up " they are all different.

rmciottijr

Joined Jan 5, 2014
My pork's first plateaued was at 165 I thought I was going to eat dinner at 2:00 haha. Wish I put the ribs in at the same time I and craving some BBQ now.

huskerfan1414

Fire Starter
Joined Dec 28, 2013
Have you checked out SoFlaQuer's finishing sauce for pulled pork?  If not I would type it in the search bar and use it.  Highly recommended.

butch cassidy

Fire Starter
Joined Mar 30, 2011
~~SoFlaQuer's finishing sauce

This is what your PP is missing. Just trust what We are telling you and add it to your PP.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.