Round two Boston Butt and ribs.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rmciottijr

Original poster
Jan 5, 2014
Philly area
Guys,

This is my first time smoking ribs second time smoking and I had one question. Do you guys put your Rub on the ribs and let them sit in the refrigerator wrapped in tinfoil like you do your Boston butt?

On the pork butt I applied my rub and I have it wrapped going in the refrigerator for 12 hours then on to the smoker.

Thanks,
Bob

yup.. pull the membrane off them first.. rub em up and set in em in the fridge.... I always save some rub to put a second coat on as I put them (both ribs and butts) on the smoker....

I am not sure when the meat temperature plateau hits but the pork (9lb) has been in since 7:30 (4hr) and the temperature went form 43 to 135 will it plateau? I hope it does because this will be finished sooner then planed.

Thanks,

Bob

My pork's first plateaued was at 165 I thought I was going to eat dinner at 2:00 haha. Wish I put the ribs in at the same time I and craving some BBQ now.

Have you checked out SoFlaQuer's finishing sauce for pulled pork?  If not I would type it in the search bar and use it.  Highly recommended.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky