Round Roast and Peach Cobbler

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sickpuppy

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jul 17, 2005
Louisiana
Hi All,

Just a picture of a round roast I just took out of the smoker. Also a picture of the Peach Cobbler I smoked to fill the sweet tooth after we finish with the round roast. I guess it could be considered a London Broil.

The roast is from the animal in my avatar. Was named Junior, and Junior sure has been good.

Dan
ad743f32_vbattach10377.jpg

6c2785c9_vbattach10376.jpg

Hi There sickpuppy,

That roast looks sssoooooooooooo good!

Buh-Bye junior! :)

ranger72

crazyhorse

PEACH COBBLER

1 Can sliced peaches 15 or 16 oz. (if you have fresh peaches use 2 cups peeled and sliced)
1 cup sugar
¼ lb. Butter
2 tablespoons baking powder
Cinnamon or nutmeg
1 cup flour
½ teaspoon salt
¾ cup sugar
¾ cup milk

Pour 1 cup of sugar over peaches and let stand. Melt butter in baking dish and let cool. Mix together in separate bowl flour, salt, ¾ cups sugar. Milk and baking power. Add cinnamon or nutmeg (I prefer cinnamon) to taste. Spoon this batter carefully into buttered dish. Mix the fruit and sugar and put on top of batter. DO NOT STIR. After you have finished and removed meat from smoker, add wood chips and bring temp. up to 370* and put cobbler in smoker for about 45 minutes. Enjoy!

If you have eaten regular cobbler, it is good, but the smoke adds a flavor that will make your tongue and lips will go crazy trying to get to the next bite.

Dan

The roast I brined it over night and used a rub before putting it in the smoker. After 2 hours I started spraying it every half-hour with Cajun Blast basting spray. The Garlic and Butter spray is the one I used, but it also comes in Bar-B-Que spray and Lemon Herb spray. Here in South Louisiana you can find it at about every super market. You can check it out on www.cajunblast.com.

It really gives the meat a good flavor and is easy to use.

Dan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky