Rotisserie Info needed.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Don't know about that either. But. I'll be finding out. I just ordered a Echo show. That would be sweet!
I was just reading about it . Says the 2 is compatible . Has the list of commands for either one . like " get Tappeque temps "

No longer a rotisserie virgin.

Before:
20221207_122017.jpg

After:
20221207_135800.jpg

And a plate shot on our finest china:
20221207_144019.jpg

Yep, it was good!

Nice work ! Looks like a nice day on your side of the state .
Just got my air probe delivered . Gonna have to wait 'til I have a clearer perspective on things .

It was a gorgeous day here in KC, Rich. Topped out at 54*. Not bad for December.
I used my Temp Spike, it worked OK but will discuss it in another thread. This new OnlyFire rotisserie is nice. The quality really surprised me! Two things really stood out.
1) The butt weld on the ring is perfect.
2) The motor runs silent. Guessing nylon gears.

Last edited:
You keep that up Collin and you'll be a roto-$lut in no time. Your chicken looks fabulous. Mine got shipped on Monday then I'll have to convince the better half to let me play with it early. That and a little cooperation from mother nature.

Chris

"Roto-$lut".......... now that's funny! Thanks for the kind words, Chris. And again, thanks for starting the thread.

Reactions: gmc2003
You keep that up Collin and you'll be a roto-$lut in no time. Your chicken looks fabulous. Mine got shipped on Monday then I'll have to convince the better half to let me play with it early. That and a little cooperation from mother nature.

Chris

Let me know when your unit arrives. Uncle Yankee n family is coming over and we are bringing the RV. Hopefully your state does not have emission laws. 🪕

Let me know when your unit arrives. Uncle Yankee n family is coming over and we are bringing the RV. Hopefully your state does not have emission laws. 🪕
We're basically California's little brother so of course Vt. has emission regulations. It's part of our annual vehicle inspections, and you get to pay them 55 dollars a year for the pleasure.

I'm glad I bought the roto when I did. We just found out the company I work for is rolling out a workforce restructuring plan next week. About a 5% reduction in the workforce by the end of the year.

Chris

Reactions: SecondHandSmoker
We're basically California's little brother so of course Vt. has emission regulations. It's part of our annual vehicle inspections, and you get to pay them 55 dollars a year for the pleasure.

I'm glad I bought the roto when I did. We just found out the company I work for is rolling out a workforce restructuring plan next week. About a 5% reduction in the workforce by the end of the year.

Chris
We are not far behind you or maybe ahead of you in the family tree behind CA here in NY.

Companies are always restructuring, I don't think you have to be worried as it seems there are not many people like you at the company? Rotating 12 hour shifts usually means they are spreading it out with only a few people capable.

We are not far behind you or maybe ahead of you in the family tree behind CA here in NY.

Companies are always restructuring, I don't think you have to be worried as it seems there are not many people like you at the company? Rotating 12 hour shifts usually means they are spreading it out with only a few people capable.

I hope not, but I'm not taking anything for granted. We were told it's gonna hit the executive levels the hardest and there will be some trickle down effect to the peons. Being a middle(senior) aged employee with 25 years in the company. I'm probably at the higher end of the pay scale for my grouping. So if they're looking for a salary dump. Then I'm their guy. Fingers crossed, I've lived thru this many a time in my employment history, and somehow managed to survive. It's just that I'm getting kinda old to start over.

Chris

I hate to hear this, especially this time of year. Certainly wish you the best outcome, Chris.

Reactions: gmc2003
Chris, from personal experience, you definetly have a target on your back. Plus, seniority in a company doesn't protect anyone anymore like it used to.

Stu

I hate to hear this, especially this time of year. Certainly wish you the best outcome, Chris.
The wife wants me to retire, but I'm not ready mentally or physically to pull that trigger yet.

Chris

Last edited:
Reactions: SecondHandSmoker
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky