Rotisserie Info needed.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
It does look good Rich. I hope you include a pic of the finished product. One question, I noticed that your bird isn't centered with either the coals or the kettle. Is that done on purpose or is centering a nonissue. It also could be the angle of the pic, or my eyes.

Chris

I noticed that your bird isn't centered with either the coals or the kettle. Is that done on purpose or is centering a nonissue.
Just how I set the coals I guess . You have me thinking now . Center should be center on a diameter . Maybe the support points aren't centered in the ring . Chicken is centered on the coals .
Coming along .
1670191263016.jpeg

Just how I set the coals I guess . You have me thinking now . Center should be center on a diameter . Maybe the support points aren't centered in the ring . Chicken is centered on the coals .
Coming along .
View attachment 650258
That's why with top open I like to use baskets on each side. Even flame and heat, splits, let the flame kiss that meat a little as it's rolling along. I did have a yardbird off-center a few days back, came out fine, no problemo. RAY

That's why with top open I like to use baskets on each side. Even flame and heat, splits, let the flame kiss that meat a little as it's rolling along.
That was the plan . Already had half burned charcoal in there so I went with that . Had apple wood chunks throwing some flames . 60 / 40 lid off / on .
Pop's brine with 1 tsp lemon extract and a heavy grind of black pepper on the skin . That's one juicy bird .
1670201554273.jpeg
1670201528537.jpeg
1670201502994.jpeg

I recall when Richie posted that spinner mod last year, pure wizardry! I ordered a Meater, the thing never worked so I gave it away. Now I'm tempted to order the Tappacue that Steve has, but I'm pretty darned stupid when it comes to using my smartphone. I've had nothing but good luck with ThermPro products and see Amazon offers this one. I have a gift card burning a hole in my pocket. What to do, what to do?

I just ordered the Tappacue 2 from Amazon, $79. Now when it gets here and won't work I can just send a PM to Steve and he will guide me to victory and salvation, he's a Legendary Pitmaster you know! RAY
As long as you bow to my greatness, I'll help you Ray!

Reactions: sawhorseray
so you like it? reviews seemed mixed
Mine works fine. At first I had trouble getting it to connect to my phone. But their TS was very helpful in getting it to work. I had to go in my phone settings to connect. No biggie.

Excellent looking bird Rich

Chris

I'm not clicking on that ,,,,, I'm not clicking on that ,,,,,
I clicked on it . Be here Friday .
A beautiful thing to see Rich, bird came out gorgeous!
As long as you bow to my greatness, I'll help you Ray!
Don't worry about that Oh Great One, soon as I read phone settings I was scrambling to get my place in line! RAY

• Haha
Reactions: Steve H
Hey Richie, hope you are doing well! I'm no technology whiz but I'm fairly sure the way it works is you have to download an app to your smartphone and then the temp gauge gives the reading on the screen of your smartphone. I've had a smartphone for three years now since jumping into my pool with a flip phone in my pocket and come to the realization that I'm probably too stupid to own a smartphone, I hate it. Most folks can use their smartphone like a computer, not me, I require a keyboard in order to type, too much nerve damage in my shoulders. RAY

Hey Richie, hope you are doing well! I'm no technology whiz but I'm fairly sure the way it works is you have to download an app to your smartphone and then the temp gauge gives the reading on the screen of your smartphone. I've had a smartphone for three years now since jumping into my pool with a flip phone in my pocket and come to the realization that I'm probably too stupid to own a smartphone, I hate it. Most folks can use their smartphone like a computer, not me, I require a keyboard in order to type, too much nerve damage in my shoulders. RAY
Ah I can make calls with my smart phone. LOL I will take a shot at it and the Santa Maria I seen posted
Richie

Also says it works with Google home / Alexa ? Just sit in the chair and ask about your meat ?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky