ROTISSERIE FOR THE WEBER KETTLE

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Hawging It

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jan 1, 2019
Southeast Mississippi
Greetings all! Done a lot of smoking this year on the Bayou Classic stick burner as well as the Weber Kettle 22". I have really learned how to go low and slow on the kettle. While surfing around last night I ran across the rotisserie that fits a Weber 22" kettle. I wanted to reach out and ask the groups opinion for those that have them for their kettle. Any and all opinions are appreciated.

Robert, tx smoker tx smoker , just got one and they seem pretty nice. But at nearly $200 I have to plan to slip it in with future toys...JJ

I don't own one, but I heard the Cajun Bandit rotisserie fits better and works better then the Weber model.

Chris

I bought the kit that Weber makes a few weeks back and I like it. I also bought a basket to go with it. I like to spatchcock a bird and stuff it in the basket instead of the normal way you would roti a chicken. Get some nice crispy skin this way. I need to use it for things besides chicken, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

I've been looking at them for about a year now . I agree with Chris . I've heard the same thing , and if I bought one I would go Cajun Bandit . Just decide if you want electric motor or battery powered .

I wanted to reach out and ask the groups opinion for those that have them for their kettle. Any and all opinions are appreciated.

Morning Hawg, ans thank you for the tag chef jimmyj chef jimmyj . Yes, I recently got a Weber 22" Performer and am loving it!! One of the accessories I got was the rotisserie. The first post I saw using one was by SmokinAl SmokinAl where he did some ribs. That got my attention and I knew if I ever got a kettle the rotisserie was a must-have. I've only used mine a couple times but I've only had the grill a few weeks so there's lots of time to play. I looked at a bunch of them, including Weber's and here's the one I decided on. It was much less expensive then the one Weber offered and works like a dream.

Did a tri tip last weekend
028.jpg

029.jpg

040.jpg

I'm pretty much out for the day but if you have more questions please feel free to fire away. I'll get back to you tomorrow.

Robert

Greetings all! Done a lot of smoking this year on the Bayou Classic stick burner as well as the Weber Kettle 22". I have really learned how to go low and slow on the kettle. While surfing around last night I ran across the rotisserie that fits a Weber 22" kettle. I wanted to reach out and ask the groups opinion for those that have them for their kettle. Any and all opinions are appreciated.
Hawg I have a rotti for my 18" kettle it is great..Here is my first 2 cooks
Have fun with it I just got another 22" kettle today
Richie

tx smoker tx smoker . How does it fit ?

The fit is absolutely perfect. A nice aspect is that you can put the lid for the grill over the rotisserie and speed up the cooking process considerably if you find yourself short on time or want to save charcoal. Beware though, it will speed things up a bunch so you gotta keep an eye on the IT of the meat.

Robert

I have the Onlyfire SS roti with SS basket. The newer style ring fits good. The original one was said to have a gap. The motor is silent and spins strong. Nice long cord and a rubber sealed rocker switch. Adjustable basket is non-magnetic SS and cleans up great in the dishwasher. Magnet does stick to the ring. I use it with SS coal baskets full with and without a drip pan. Bought it as a less expensive alternative to Weber and CB and have not been disappointed.
65FDBD26-AF28-4F41-9192-3E0760F7E6E9.jpeg
B82462F1-5E3B-48D4-A5E8-C5F5E391B9D4.jpeg

Last edited:
That is a much better price. Thanks for posting Robert...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky