Rotisserie Bourbon Pork Roast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA

I was waiting for lousy weather to do this Cook, and we have had snow 4 or 5 times now, and rain almost every day.
Now I don’t have to feel as guilty for using my indoor toys to produce the things we consume at the Bear Den.
So I found a recipe for a “Honey-Orange” Marinade/Baste, with Bourbon to give a try on a Pork Roast.
I had to get some Bourbon from Bear Jr, because we just don’t stock any Hard Stuff here at the Bear’s Den.

Here is the mixture I used:
1/2 Cup of Honey.
1/2 Cup of Brown Sugar.
1/4 Cup of Bourbon.
1 Orange, Zested.
3 TBS Fresh Orange Juice.
1/2 tsp of Salt.
1/2 tsp of Ground Black Pepper.
Mix well all above ingredients in a bowl, and put in Fridge until needed.

Then I got a whole Pork Loin, and cut the smaller end off at about 9” in length.
After hearing it could be a tight fit, and knowing the AirFryer book says to put the Baking Pan above the heating element, I decided to tie the Roast up real tight to keep it straight during the turning.
Then I inserted & secured the Rotisserie Spit through the center of the Roast.
I set the AirFryer on "Rotisserie" @ 350°, and set the time for 2 hours, so it won’t stop on it’s own.
I put the Spit in place & started the Rotisserie, and Brushed the first coat of my Marinade on the revolving meat.
The tightly tied Pork Roast was able to rotate without dragging on the Baking Pan, but not by much.
I brushed more of the Marinade on about every 20 minutes through the whole Cooking time.
I started checking the Internal Temp after one hour, and reached my target IT of 145°+ at about 1 hour & 45 minutes. I removed the roast from the Spit & allowed it to rest for about 15 minutes, before slicing.
I sliced just enough for Mrs Bear & Me, for this meal.
This happened just a few days after Christmas Dinner, so we had leftover sides to go with this Pork Roast.
The sides were Green Bean Casserole & Twice Baked Taters with cheese & Bacon.

Then after Supper, I sliced the rest of the Pork Roast into nice thin slices for Future Sammies.

Then the next night I put some Onion Rings in the AirFryer @ 400° for about 10 minutes, which was a little long, so I’ll be trying about 8 minutes next time. They were a little too brittle.
Then I sliced open a couple of Small Dinner Rolls, put some of Jeff’s Tasty BBQ Sauce on with some Pork slices.
These made some Awesome little Sliders to go with some Onion Rings & a few slices of Pickled Red Beets.

I also used some Cocktail Sauce on some of my Onion Rings.

NOTE: This was my first time using the Rotisserie in this AirFryer, and I'll note that mine works the same way as others complain about on "YouTube". The Rotisserie stops at one point for a couple seconds, and then jumps forward to catch up. Seems like a Gear Problem, as it happens during every revolution.

That’s about the whole story,

Bear

Left end will be for this Rotisseried Pork----Right end will be for New Year's Day Crock Pot Pork:
IMG_4550.jpg

Making "Honey-Orange Bourbon Marinade/Baste":
IMG_4551.jpg

All Tied real tight:
IMG_4553.jpg

And We're Off & Spinning:
IMG_4554.jpg

Getting some Color:
IMG_4555.jpg

All Done & Resting:
IMG_4558.jpg

Slicing enough for our Supper:
IMG_4559.jpg

Bear's First Helping, with Leftover Green Bean Casserole & Twice Baked Taters with Cheese & Bacon:
IMG_4561.jpg

Sliced all the rest for Future Sammies:
IMG_4562.jpg

Onion Rings:
IMG_4563.jpg

Done @ 400° for 10 minutes---Too Long----Next time Try 8 minutes:
IMG_4564.jpg

Some of Jeff's Awesome BBQ Sauce on a couple Dinner Rolls:
IMG_4565.jpg

Some Sliced Pork Roll on each Roll:
IMG_4566.jpg

Nice Little Pork Sliders:
IMG_4567.jpg

Add some Onion Rings with Cocktail Sauce on the side:
IMG_4568.jpg

Pork Loin Slices, Buttered Dinner Rolls, and Pickled Red Beets:
IMG_4570.jpg

WOW !! It all looks great, I see you did get that tray under the Pork Loin. Nice Job and lots of left overs, can't beat that.

I LIKE IT

Gary

You nailed that one Brother!! Looks great the glaze sounds good I just did an Orange Bourbon Sauce on my stuffed loin. LIKES
Richie
Orange Marmalade will give a more Orange taste and shine. just my 2 cents

Raising the bar pretty high . Love that slider plate . My kind of meal right there . :emoji_thumbsup:

Awesome meal there Mr. Bear.
I find if you don't have the exact center on the rotisserie the meat is not in proper balance and that is why it stops then starts again.

Warren

WOW !! It all looks great, I see you did get that tray under the Pork Loin. Nice Job and lots of left overs, can't beat that.

I LIKE IT

Gary

Thank You Gary!!
Always gotta have Leftovers!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

You nailed that one Brother!! Looks great the glaze sounds good I just did an Orange Bourbon Sauce on my stuffed loin. LIKES
Richie
Orange Marmalade will give a more Orange taste and shine. just my 2 cents

Thank You Richie!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Awesome meal there Mr. Bear.
I find if you don't have the exact center on the rotisserie the meat is not in proper balance and that is why it stops then starts again.

Warren

Thank You Warren!!
That's not the problem with this one. I saw a YouTube about that. I didn't watch the whole thing yet, but the guy shows how it has something to do with the way the one Gear in it is.
There might be a Fix for it. I gotta find it again.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Not sure how I missed this post. I’ve got a different air fryer that also has a rotisserie. Love that feature. Your pork loin looks and sounds great!! I would devour some of that!

Raising the bar pretty high . Love that slider plate . My kind of meal right there . :emoji_thumbsup:

Thank You Rich!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Huge LIKE!
I am betting the Orange Bourbon would be a great glaze on a double smoked ham too.

Thank You SHS !!
Yes I'm sure it would.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

I was waiting for lousy weather to do this Cook, and we have had snow 4 or 5 times now, and rain almost every day.
Now I don’t have to feel as guilty for using my indoor toys to produce the things we consume at the Bear Den.
So I found a recipe for a “Honey-Orange” Marinade/Baste, with Bourbon to give a try on a Pork Roast.
I had to get some Bourbon from Bear Jr, because we just don’t stock any Hard Stuff here at the Bear’s Den.

Here is the mixture I used:
1/2 Cup of Honey.
1/2 Cup of Brown Sugar.
1/4 Cup of Bourbon.
1 Orange, Zested.
3 TBS Fresh Orange Juice.
1/2 tsp of Salt.
1/2 tsp of Ground Black Pepper.
Mix well all above ingredients in a bowl, and put in Fridge until needed.

Then I got a whole Pork Loin, and cut the smaller end off at about 9” in length.
After hearing it could be a tight fit, and knowing the AirFryer book says to put the Baking Pan above the heating element, I decided to tie the Roast up real tight to keep it straight during the turning.
Then I inserted & secured the Rotisserie Spit through the center of the Roast.
I set the AirFryer on "Rotisserie" @ 350°, and set the time for 2 hours, so it won’t stop on it’s own.
I put the Spit in place & started the Rotisserie, and Brushed the first coat of my Marinade on the revolving meat.
The tightly tied Pork Roast was able to rotate without dragging on the Baking Pan, but not by much.
I brushed more of the Marinade on about every 20 minutes through the whole Cooking time.
I started checking the Internal Temp after one hour, and reached my target IT of 145°+ at about 1 hour & 45 minutes. I removed the roast from the Spit & allowed it to rest for about 15 minutes, before slicing.
I sliced just enough for Mrs Bear & Me, for this meal.
This happened just a few days after Christmas Dinner, so we had leftover sides to go with this Pork Roast.
The sides were Green Bean Casserole & Twice Baked Taters with cheese & Bacon.

Then after Supper, I sliced the rest of the Pork Roast into nice thin slices for Future Sammies.

Then the next night I put some Onion Rings in the AirFryer @ 400° for about 10 minutes, which was a little long, so I’ll be trying about 8 minutes next time. They were a little too brittle.
Then I sliced open a couple of Small Dinner Rolls, put some of Jeff’s Tasty BBQ Sauce on with some Pork slices.
These made some Awesome little Sliders to go with some Onion Rings & a few slices of Pickled Red Beets.

I also used some Cocktail Sauce on some of my Onion Rings.

NOTE: This was my first time using the Rotisserie in this AirFryer, and I'll note that mine works the same way as others complain about on "YouTube". The Rotisserie stops at one point for a couple seconds, and then jumps forward to catch up. Seems like a Gear Problem, as it happens during every revolution.

That’s about the whole story,

Bear

Left end will be for this Rotisseried Pork----Right end will be for New Year's Day Crock Pot Pork:
View attachment 427615

Making "Honey-Orange Bourbon Marinade/Baste":
View attachment 427616

All Tied real tight:
View attachment 427617

And We're Off & Spinning:
View attachment 427618

Getting some Color:
View attachment 427619

All Done & Resting:
View attachment 427620

Slicing enough for our Supper:
View attachment 427621

Bear's First Helping, with Leftover Green Bean Casserole & Twice Baked Taters with Cheese & Bacon:
View attachment 427622

Sliced all the rest for Future Sammies:
View attachment 427623

Onion Rings:
View attachment 427624

Done @ 400° for 10 minutes---Too Long----Next time Try 8 minutes:
View attachment 427625

Some of Jeff's Awesome BBQ Sauce on a couple Dinner Rolls:
View attachment 427626

Some Sliced Pork Roll on each Roll:
View attachment 427627

Nice Little Pork Sliders:
View attachment 427628

Add some Onion Rings with Cocktail Sauce on the side:
View attachment 427629

Pork Loin Slices, Buttered Dinner Rolls, and Pickled Red Beets:
View attachment 427630

Man that looks fantastic!

I love doing pork chops out of pork loin but this looks great too.
Did u find it could have benefited from a simple salt and water brine for more flavor?
I will cut big chops and brine them and smoke them too which is awesome as well :)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky