Root beer Ribs and Smoked wings

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

flanntastic

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Dec 17, 2010
Cincinnati Ohio
had my own little super bowl party with just the wife and kids,

Did baby back ribs,

slathered in mustard then famous daves rib rub (usually make my own but had no time)

smoked at 250 on my MES 40, and did a 2.5-2-.40 method.

so during foiling i added vinegar but too much, and i needed some sweetener so i added root beer,

ribs came out PERFECT just enough pull from the bone but tender, and a REALLY good crust

i wouldn't use root beer again personally as i could taste it but my wife loved it, said it had a black licorice taste

ready for smoke

5b174288_IMAG0449.jpg

my fresh off the smoker pic failed to save, but i have the leftovers pic

dd4517f4_IMAG0454.jpg

also did chicken wings,

covered in olive oil and some honey

then some famous daves rib rub, garlic salt, and pepper

smoked right under the mes40 vent as its hotter than the rest of the smoker, @250 for 2 hours, took them out to crisp in the broiler and they had PERFECT skin.

261ed336_IMAG0453.jpg

fe322000_IMAG0452.jpg

BEST wings I have ever had, and the wife agreed, its one of those meals that made the 6 hours of smoking SOOO worth it.  

(although my MES 40 door fell off)http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/117503/the-door-fell-off-my-mes40

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky