Roll Call From Phoenix AZ

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smoketopia

Original poster
Dec 10, 2013
Hello Every one!!!

Is everyone in this fine nation of ours enjoying this cold weather?? Even here in Phoenix it's been in the 30s in the morning (northern staters need not respond... this is very, very cold for us!!).

I have enjoyed smoking and grilling for over two decades now and I thought that maybe it was about time that I share my experiences, knowledge, and findings.

I am currently using a stainless steel Great Outdoors smoker (Landmann). This thing is absolutely amazing and renders some of the most wonderful meats. My next smoke should be (if all goes well) a turkey in a few weeks. Will post the process, results, etc.

Until then.... Happy holidays everyone!!!!!

Chris

texas.gifHello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.

Gary

Hey Thanx Gary!!

I am looking forward to it. I have referenced this site many, many times. I did have an account about a year ago, but have not been able to remember my login info. name, password, anything, so this time...... I wrote stuff down :)

This site is awesome and the fellow smokers are the bomb (no pun intended). Great ideas, and great shares.

Welcome, I be a newbie to smoking and this site but I have found a ton of great information on here. I'm sure with 20 years plus you will have some great input to add!

And yet..30 is cold here!

Last edited:
Be sure and post some Bird pictures, Been cold for us here in East Texas up to a blistering 39 right now, got the grill fired up cooking pork chops tonight, weather been to cold and crappy to anything outside the last few days. As everybody can see on the news We ain't  use to ice and cold weather here Dallas was a mess, still getting back to normal. Main problem is everybody thinks they can drive on ice and snow, fact is they can't drive a lick..

Gary

Agreed!! This is an awesome site. Everything from recipes, sauces, even equipment info. These are some of my best friends sometimes (Hee hee).

To Azbohunter, this is a great site to get ideas from, share, and brag!! Looking forward to seeing some ofthe things you create!

To Gary S., why is it when people leave the northern and eastern states, move to the south, they no longer remember how to drive in weather conditions?? Hmmmm....

Well the wife put the breaks on the turkey and instead wants to do a prime rib roast (really??). That's going to have to be an oven deal unless I can find something in here. Really don't want to smoke that, but the low-n-slow would be a much better result in the smoker than in the oven.

Thoughts anyone??

The north will respond! It's darn cold here! :welcome1: That being said from a former Phoenician myself.

Can't speak for the others but I am from Texas, just worked all over sometimes in the ice and snow. I think the we have so little ice and people are use to driving fast they just forget how it was up north, until they get to that  "UH - OH moment.  Too late then.

Gary

Agreed!! This is an awesome site. Everything from recipes, sauces, even equipment info. These are some of my best friends sometimes (Hee hee).

To Azbohunter, this is a great site to get ideas from, share, and brag!! Looking forward to seeing some ofthe things you create!

To Gary S., why is it when people leave the northern and eastern states, move to the south, they no longer remember how to drive in weather conditions?? Hmmmm....

Well the wife put the breaks on the turkey and instead wants to do a prime rib roast (really??). That's going to have to be an oven deal unless I can find something in here. Really don't want to smoke that, but the low-n-slow would be a much better result in the smoker than in the oven.

Thoughts anyone??
Hi Chris, and welcome!  Actually, Prime Rib is very easy to smoke and tastes unbelievable!  Once you try it, you'll likely never do PR any other way.  Bearcarver has posted several step-by-step threads of easy PR smokes...here's a link to one:

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/110433/prime-rib-new-best-ever

Good luck, and be sure to post some qview!

Red

On the smoker it's going!!! Also just bought a 1 lb. bag of Tatonka Dust. Hope it's here in time.

...Now taking reservations....
jaw-dropping.gif

Hi Chris, and welcome!  Actually, Prime Rib is very easy to smoke and tastes unbelievable!  Once you try it, you'll likely never do PR any other way.  Bearcarver has posted several step-by-step threads of easy PR smokes...here's a link to one:

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/110433/prime-rib-new-best-ever

Good luck, and be sure to post some qview!

Red
I did checked out the link you provided and it does look very tasty!!!!  Thanx for the link!!
thumb1.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky