Roasted Chiles and made Chile Rellenos

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

snakehead

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Sep 29, 2013
Round Rock, TX
I grew up in New Mexico, so I'm used to getting fresh roasted chiles this time of year. Well luck would have it, the local Randals here in Austin, TX had some Hatch chiles. I went ahead and bought some and then roasted them myself on my big green egg.

Tomorrow I'll grill up some Green Chile Cheeseburgers, but in the meantime I had to make some Chile Rellenos with them! My friend Robert ( tx smoker tx smoker ) asked me if I'd post some pics of them, so here you go.
IMG_0802.jpeg
IMG_0802.jpeg
IMG_0805.jpeg
IMG_0808.jpeg

One of my favorite meals. I mix beef and pork with Queso Fresco or Anejo for the filling. Eat 'em until I hurt myself!

Reactions: snakehead
Beauty!! I love a good Chile Relleno. Great looking breading. Do you separate your eggs and fluff the whites? I'd like to hear your step by step process.

Like.

Thanks a lot Gerald. That's a great looking recipe site you've got there. I see a lot of things I'd like to try.

Edit; Looks like you've got some serious skills in the kitchen.

Last edited:
Good looking stuff my friend!! Thanks for posting. I think Tracy found and bought some Hatch peppers yesterday that I may use to make these...but yesterday was a LONG day of cooking. I may just take a break today....but then again, maybe not :emoji_wink:

Who knows??
Robert

Awesome chiles. Visited Hatch a couple years ago. The smell of chiles being roasted was everywhere.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky