roast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

phathead69

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Dec 23, 2016
TN
i have several aldi's tritips and brisket points. im wanting to make a beef stew this weekend, taters carrots and the works. which cut would be better to smoke to a point of almost pullable then dutch oven with the veggies over open fire. by the time veggies are done wanting the beef to fall apart?

Reactions: JLeonard
unanimous on the point. I'll start it thawing this evening. camping this week end, so I'll smoke it Friday evening and refrigerate, throw in dutch hanging over open fire Saturday. let it ride for a while then add vegetables and such and slow cook all day till supper time.
thanks folks

unanimous on the point. I'll start it thawing this evening. camping this week end, so I'll smoke it Friday evening and refrigerate, throw in dutch hanging over open fire Saturday. let it ride for a while then add vegetables and such and slow cook all day till supper time.
thanks folks
I'll need an address and what time to have my bowl and fork ready!
Of course we do demand pics!
Jim

Since no one said to use the point.... Small chunks, smoked a bit, then into stews and casseroles will be great.
I'm gonna have to check Aldi for meats..

3 hours in my table top MB propane with hickory pellets. pulled and wrapped in foil and spent next 5 hours in dutch oven hanging over small fire/coals. coals on top from grill after cooking burgers. unwrapped and resting. wrap later and fridge overnight. I'll post tomorrow and the final pics.

Attachments

• 20220812_203210.jpg
    20220812_203210.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 9
3 hours in my table top MB propane with hickory pellets. pulled and wrapped in foil and spent next 5 hours in dutch oven hanging over small fire/coals. coals on top from grill after cooking burgers. unwrapped and resting. wrap later and fridge overnight. I'll post tomorrow and the final pics.

Looking sweet!

Reactions: phathead69
mushrooms, roasted red bell, couple of small Chipotles, celery, taters, carrots, onion and celery. smoked paprika, pepper, and small amount of cajun

Attachments

• 20220813_145728.jpg
    20220813_145728.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: SecondHandSmoker
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky