Ring bologna

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
whoa....I missed this also. Nice job. I've yet to do any emulsified meat but this looks do-able and good. I'm not a fan of any commercial baloney but with some spicy mustard & a beer I think I'd be a happy smoker munching on that.....Willie

whoa....I missed this also. Nice job. I've yet to do any emulsified meat but this looks do-able and good. I'm not a fan of any commercial baloney but with some spicy mustard & a beer I think I'd be a happy smoker munching on that.....Willie
Thanks, Willie It's really good with some Dijon mustard and a cold beer.

Nice RB Chew.. I'll have to try that some time........ I put one aside for the pickle jar,............
icon14.gif

Joe

Looks like it came from a Wisconsin locker plant! The fried-up slices look really good, puffy in the middle and great color. I don't often see the fine-ground style, for sale anyway, any more.

Looks like it came from a Wisconsin locker plant! The fried-up slices look really good, puffy in the middle and great color. I don't often see the fine-ground style, for sale anyway, any more.
Thanks It's how I was used to getting it. Most bologna around here is a coarser grind.

I like both the coarse grind and fine grind.A lot of the super market fine grind is not good. When it is done by the home SM it is good. Also the smaller local SM that make it for retail do a good job. The best finer grind ring bologna I have had is in a little market in Wines burg Ohio.  Good flavoring , just enough smoke.And the meat shop was kept very clean. The lady was contstantly wiping the meat trays , no standing liguid . Actually not far from Trail ohio. My wife makes the bologna/ pickle spread out of my finer grind. I don't emulsify it but it is quite fine. Great job Weisswurst

Nice Job looks good to me. Bologna is on my list

Gary

The best finer grind ring bologna I have had is in a little market in Wines burg Ohio...
Is this Winesburg meats? Seems like I was there last spring. Also seems like there was something unusual about the store but I can't remember what it was. Maybe it was that they didn't have a slicer?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky