Ribwizard

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cjordan

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jan 8, 2014
Been looking around on this site for a few years. I'm just now getting around to building my smoker. Been gathering up materials here and there, and finally have pretty much everything I need.
I have been going back and forth between a propane tank I have "short and fat" or a peice of 20" pipe.
I think I'm going with the pipe which will be much smaller, but it should cook everything I need, I hardly ever cook for a crowd (more than 10 people).
If I go with the pipe I would like to round the end "tunnel" like I've seen RW do. I was just wondering if there's a certain radius I should go with on the rounded end?
Also I would like to wish everyone a Very Merry Christmas, I hope y'all have a good one.

Last edited:
The Wizard noted it cooked better than any of his other smokers...   If you can, take some measurements off of the picture...   or if using the 20" pipe, go with an 8 or 9" radius on the piece you bend...   I'm gonna guess make the "bent tunnel" about 8" wide....   fab it up out of construction paper and do a fit test...  compare to the picture and adjust...    Rib hasn't been around for awhile...  He started a BBQ stand in Fla. last I heard and was killing the folks with awesome grub...   they were standing in line an hour or 2 before he opened to be sure to get fed...   He had to buy a new log splitter to keep up with the smokers...   Poor guy...  getting paid for what he loved to do...  cook awesome grub.....  

This is one of the big smokers he built in his fab shop....

My lord what a smoker!!!!
I remember reading sometime ago he was getting into cooking for the public. I'm glad it's working out for him. I actually had forgotten all about him doing that. Anytime someone can make a living doing something they love my hats off to em.
Hopefully it doesn't burn him out to the point he didn't like to cook.

Thanks guys.
I'm going to try to start hauling all the materials in this week, and pulling measurements and running numbers.
As soon as I get what I think are the correct numbers, I'll be back to run em by y'all before starting the build.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky