Ribsperiment

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TNJAKE

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Nov 26, 2019
Ridgetop TN🇺🇸
Howdy smf'ers. Smoked some baby backs today with something new. I was bored and sec football was basically cancelled. And I'm a little drunk lol. Never intended on posting these since I have several rib posts so I'm missing a few pics but here it is.......

2 racks of baby backs, membranes removed and rubbed with killer hogs
IMG_20201114_133055.jpg
IMG_20201114_194130.jpg

Onto the pellet smoker at 225 using pecan
IMG_20201114_133223.jpg

Let them ride for 2.5 hours and spritzed with Dr pepper every 45 mins. After that I wrapped in pink butcher paper, the beer set in and I got an idea. This is before wrap
IMG_20201114_154831.jpg

Here's where the pics went dark but I wrapped in papper then covered the paper wrapped ribs in thick cut bacon. My thought was the fat would render into the paper and ultimately into the ribs. It was a success. Let them go for 2.5 hours wrapped and pulled them off for a rest
IMG_20201114_190726.jpg

Look how moist and glistening they are. Smelled awesome. Sliced
IMG_20201114_192137.jpg

Had some tater salad, slaw and chips
IMG_20201114_192421.jpg

Smoke ring is nice
IMG_20201114_192816.jpg

Bite through but not fall off the bone
IMG_20201114_192545.jpg

All said and done this was fun, delicious and well worth it. Not my best ribs but a welcome change

I like just about any smoked meat but to me baby backs are best. They are why I started smoking in the first place. It's hard to beat some nice baby backs and yours are very nice.

Looks great to me Jake! Glad your experiment turned out. And they say too much beer kills brain cells... what do they know! Lol

Ryan

Looks real good Jake. Excellent color and perfectly cooked. The Bacon can only add more flavor like you said. We've got to add more Bacon to more things, lol.

Those are some great looking ribs Jake!! Excellent idea on the bacon. I don't wrap ribs but I'd sure consider laying some bacon on top for the last hour or two. It could only be excellent. Nice job buddy!!

Robert

I like just about any smoked meat but to me baby backs are best. They are why I started smoking in the first place. It's hard to beat some nice baby backs and yours are very nice.
Thanks and just about the same for me and smoking. Hard to beat some good baby backs

Looks real good Jake. Excellent color and perfectly cooked. The Bacon can only add more flavor like you said. We've got to add more Bacon to more things, lol.
Thanks bud. Can never have too much pork with your pork lol

Those are some great looking ribs Jake!! Excellent idea on the bacon. I don't wrap ribs but I'd sure consider laying some bacon on top for the last hour or two. It could only be excellent. Nice job buddy!!

Robert
Thanks Robert turned out pretty tasty

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky