Ribs...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ABEdwards1

Original poster
Nov 14, 2020
It has been a long time since I cooked some BBQ ribs and I just got a pellet smoker grill for my birthday. We picked up some ribs from a local grocer and they appear to be preseason and sauced Kansas city style...

My question is what tips and recommendations to you have for a new pellet owner to cook presauced ribs.

Any assistance is appreciated

Thanks

Reactions: JLeonard
Is this package seasoning more like a marinade? I can't believe it would be sauce unless the ribs were pre-cooked and only needed reheating. Maybe check the package again and see if they are, or if there is any cooking tips.

If they are raw I might consider getting as much of the sauce off of them OR make them like some versions of oven ribs, wrap in foil and slow bake.

Reactions: TNJAKE
I agree also. Have seen them before, come pre cooked and in a marinate sauce, just need to be reheated.

Ryan

Here's back of package. Any recommendations beyond what it says to do?

Attachments

• 20201115_103602.jpg
    20201115_103602.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 52
Here's back of package. Any recommendations beyond what it says to do?
So they must be raw after all. I'm thinking they are recommending the use of foil so the marinade or sauce does not burn, and to speed up the cook time, and insure tenderness. I would stick close to their recommendations unless something looks out of place while cooking.

If it was my package, I'd set the smoker on 220F, and smoke them for 2 hrs. Then wrap them in foil and let it go for another hr.
Then, unwrap them and brush on a thin touch up layer of bbq sauce and smoke them at 275 for 20 mins to glaze up.
Good Luck!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky