Ribs vs. Mother Nature

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jaxgatorz

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 30, 2008
Jacksonville,Fl
So Forecast looked good enough for a 8am start on some ribs today.. But this is Florida :emoji_sunglasses:
rain.jpg

A few clouds....
rain2.jpg

Ribs about an hour in....
rain1.jpg

And then the sky started to get ugly.....
rain3.jpg

The smell of rain is in the air... Time for a quick roll into the garage....
rain4.jpg

More pics of the ribs as it goes ( and maybe some more weather pics too ):emoji_wink:

Ah hell, an ol'pro like you, your ribs will be great regardless.
I'm watching for the finale.

Lil rain never hurt my cooks, and I know how the weather can change, seems like minute to minute sometimes.
I just throw a cookie sheet atop my smoker to cover the vent and keep rolling.

Rooting for ya! I have come to find rain during a smoke a good sign. Smokes when it rains turn out better than perfect days. Not joking. Rained like heck Memorial Day weekend but the ribs turned out to be my best yet.

Reactions: jaxgatorz
rib looks good! my old 14" WSM would lose all heat in the rain. had a few weather challenged cooks.

good luck! but lookin good!

Those ribs look superb to me.

Point for sure
Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky