Ribs smoking with TBS on the MAK 2 Star

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

schlotz

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 13, 2015
Coatesville, IN
Pellet smokers can create TBS. Been happy for years with my MAK 2 Star. Tonight's dinner, ribs. They been in for 4 hours and suspect will get done in another 1 1/2 hours. One half her way, the other mine. :emoji_wink:

IMG_5216.JPG
IMG_5217.JPG
IMG_5220.jpg
IMG_5224.jpg

Last edited:
Off to a great start! Naked all the way ?

Keith
Hey Keith, we both like our own sauces and they went on for the last 20 minutes. Her's is KC Hickory but mine is home made. See Rum Sweet Heat in the sig below.

Last edited:
Reactions: 912smoker
Looks great Matt
What's on your half. I can see the divide

David
Hi David,

While I do have my own rubs, for ribs we both have settled on commercial versions. Her's (left) is a very light dusting of Killer Hogs BBQ Rub. Mine is more heavy plus I add a second layer of A1's Sweet Heat.

Matt

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Looks real good Matt!
We seem to smoke ribs more than anything else and yours sure look delicious!
Al

Nice work Matt !
I keep saying I need to review your sauce recipes . Gonna book mark some now .

Matt, those ribs look outstanding buddy. Man, what beautiful color and obviously perfectly cooked as can be evidenced by the clean bones. Excellent job my friend!!

Robert

Nice work Matt !
I keep saying I need to review your sauce recipes . Gonna book mark some now .
Thanks Rich. Of the sauces there the Rum version usually gets the nod.

beautiful looking ribs, they look so delicious!!
Thanks!

Matt, those ribs look outstanding buddy. Man, what beautiful color and obviously perfectly cooked as can be evidenced by the clean bones. Excellent job my friend!!

Robert
Very kind words Robert, and much appreciated. Without question the true mark of how good the ribs were, comes from looking at what remained. :emoji_wink: We both thought this rack was one of the best we've smoked in a while. Since the method was the same, I put it down to the meat. This was the second time I've picked up a rack from our local butcher. Both were very good although this one seemed particularly good. Love it when it all comes together for a nice meal.

Matt, those are great looking ribs and they must have tatsed great too going by the plate of cleaned off bones.

Stu

I'd hit that in a heartbeat, nice work Matt! RAY
Thanks Ray

Very nice ribs! Double nice back drop to the smoke!
Thanks. We're on 15 acres. The lower 10-11 (not shown) is for our daughter's Wagyu cattle yearlings. The top section is for the wife's horses.
Matt, those are great looking ribs and they must have tatsed great too going by the plate of cleaned off bones.

Stu
Yup, we both devoured our respective halves quite quickly. :emoji_sunglasses: Thanks for stopping by Stu!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky