Ribs, Loin, Brisket, Fatties, Chuckies

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mrsb

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Mar 13, 2007
Parkville,MO
o I am at my sisters house today smoking.  Her husband (my BIL) passed away very unexpectedly on July 9th.  A wonderful, wonderful man and an avid smoker.  He had built his own smoker and treated us frequently to his goodies.  I am using his smoker for the first time today attempting to give his son (my nephew) so helo in using it and continuing to create great food.  Today we have a full packer, spareribs, bb ribs, stuffed pork loin, chuck roast and some fatties.

We are using Big Rons Rub (original and hint of houston) on the brisket and ribs.  The chuckies just got some evoo, salt and cbp.  The loin I split in half and butterflied each piece.  One we put down browned sausage, chopped apples and walnut.  Just put some salt and cbp on the outside.  The other I put down sauteed mushrooms, green peppers, pepper jack cheese, jalapeno slices and scallions.  Put a southwest chipotle seasoning on the outside. 

The fatties.  One breakfast (cheese, scrambled eggs, fried potatoes anbd scallions in a standard breeakfast sausage. Wrapped in bacon.  The second is hot & spicy sausage with sauteed yellow, red and green peppers with pepper jack cheese too.  Also wrapped in bacon

00ec8a7f_brisketloin.jpg

f2ac25eb_ribs.jpg

fd2532b2_istloin.jpg

6e64d432_breakfastfatty.jpg
e28b345e_hotfattie.jpg
87719824_chuckies.jpg

Here is the smoker I am using,  I am having a difficult time getting the heat all the way across to the far side.  But it is fun trying!  Having a hard time finding some of my other pics but will continue to post qview as it comes around.

b5ac4c7a_smoker.jpg

You go girl! Wow! That sure is alot of meat to be smoking. The fatties look great! I can't wait to see more Qview, and good luck with the temp. Nice looking smoker too!

ok, I am unable to get the pics in the order I wanted and apparently i posted the chuckies twice instead of a pic of the fatties before slicing.  Anyway its coming along well.  Getting ready to slice the loins and eat some ribvs.

And for whatever reason the far end of the smoker caught up on temps.  Don't know why, just know it did

I am sorry for your loss in the family. I just went to the viewing of a good family friend who passed long before his time.

What a nice way to remember and honor a person.. Good looking food!

Keep that smoker going....

Heres the rest. 

Ribs sliced.  Fall off the bone tender (the way we like them).  A little heavy on the rub in my opinion

The two loins sliced.  Preferred the one with the mushrooms, peppers, jalapenos etsc.  The apple, sausage, and walnut one needed something additional..a good sauce over it (something a little sweet would have been perfect)

The brisket was fall apart tender.  The burnt ends are still in the smoker.  I have a few pics of it sliced.  Most if it pulled.  But forgot the pics of the pulled chuck roast.

9006f77e_mushroomloinsliced.jpg
0bb5e636_appleloinsliced.jpg
992207d3_brisketsliced.jpg
993c740c_ribssliced.jpg

Two things.  First, I see one pic you can see a bottle of liquid smoke.  My sister had me put some in her baked beans she did in the crockpot. 
PDT_Armataz_01_05.gif

And Second,  The best fatty ever!

m

my sis grandbaby!
694b168f_P1000788.jpg

It all looks awesome and that little one sure is cute!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky