Ribs for my birthday dinner

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DaveyCrockett

Fire Starter
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jan 3, 2018
Dinwiddie
So the wife asked me what i wanted for my birthday dinner with the family. We always do a birthday dinner for everyone where the birthday person gets to choose the meal.
So i picked ribs this year. She said..."but you would have to cook then"...I said i know right!...lol I do love to cook ribs!
So to the freezer i went Friday to defrost 4 racks of ribs. Rubbed down with some mustard and my homemade rub.

Fired up my new smoker this morning for its first maiden voyage of my ribs. (And yes ive already sessoned it). So into the smoker my ribs went.....stay tuned for the final result!

Attachments

• 20190120_090611.jpg
    20190120_090611.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 74
Reactions: klower181
Happy Birthday but no picture of the new smoker ? :emoji_wink:

Decided to throw some chicken thighs on to take to work tomorrow and make chicken and dumplings with.

Attachments

• 20190120_104009.jpg
    20190120_104009.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 74
It's really windy today. Ive noticed that it's really hard to get the smoker up to the temp that i want. Guess I'm going to have to insulate it like my cookshack is. Ive been holding off insulating it to see how it does. Guess the wind today answered that question.

you can always smoke them a few hours and finish in oven, its pretty cold and windy. but that's the problem us winter babies have. happy birthday

Nice looking smoker and the ribs look good oh yell thighs. Waiting for the finish.

We always did that with our kids birthday choice and my son (dang) would always choose hotdogs.

Warren
Lol that will change when they get older.... then they request
Nice looking smoker and the ribs look good oh yell thighs. Waiting for the finish.

We always did that with our kids birthday choice and my son (dang) would always choose hotdogs.

Warren
That will change when they get older. They will want steaks because they eat hot dogs all the time away their own place...lol

you can always smoke them a few hours and finish in oven, its pretty cold and windy. but that's the problem us winter babies have. happy birthday
I refuse to use the oven.....more time in smoker is ok with me. . Lol I love to cook so its all good.

Lol that will change when they get older.... then they request

That will change when they get older. They will want steaks because they eat hot dogs all the time away their own place...lol

You got that right they are all in their 40's and early 50's. Say what's a hotdog oh those things our kids want. Ha

Warren

Nice Looking Ribs you got there, JC !!
We do that same thing here---Funny how mine always ends up Ribeyes or Lobster Tail "Or Both".
Happy Belated Birthday!! Mine was on the 3rd.
"Like" your Smoker & Vittles!!

Bear

Reactions: DaveyCrockett
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky