Ribs, "Belly Fingers" and more. Pic heavy...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokyMose

Smoking Guru
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 13, 2015
Indianapolis, Indiana
We had some nice weather in central Indiana the last few days and I couldn't wait to get out the Weber. First cook was wings but I'll touch on that later.
I had some Baby Backs thawed but wanted to try something more yesterday. I had a package of trimmings from my last batch of bacon and wanted to do something with it.
I decided to cut into small strips and use the same rub and sauce as the ribs.
IMG_3636.jpg IMG_3637.jpg IMG_3638.jpg

They went on with the ribs indirect with some Hickory chunks.
IMG_3641.jpg IMG_3644.jpg
Cherry handles on the kettle courtesy of chopsaw :-)
After a couple of hours everything got foiled and cooked for another hour and a half or so. The belly fingers got sauced in the foil. The ribs just got a spritz of water.
IMG_3642.jpg
After un-foiling and saucing the ribs I pulled the belly fingers off. They were done.
IMG_3647.jpg IMG_3645.jpg And tasty!
The ribs only needed another half hour or so. All done. IMG_3648.jpg IMG_3649.jpg

Bonus pics of my first cook of the year on Thursday....
IMG_3632.jpg IMG_3633.jpg IMG_3634.jpg

Sharing recipes for folks who like that (I do).

My pork rub:
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup Paprika
1/2 tbsp no-sodium salt substitute
2 tbsp course black pepper
2 tbsp garlic powder
2 tbsp onion powder

My BBQ sauce:
1 cup cider vinegar
2 cups Heinz "No Salt Added" ketchup
1-1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp dry mustard
1 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp low sodium soy sauce
1 tsp no-sodium salt substitute
1 tsp coarse black pepper
1 tbsp paprika
1 tbsp ground horseradish
1 tsp crushed red pepper

Pineapple Turmeric glaze (for the wings):
1/2 cup pineapple juice (squeeze the juice from one of those little cans of chunks and you get almost exactly 1/2 cup of juice)
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup rice vinegar
3 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp crushed red pepper
1/2 tsp sesame oil
1/2 tsp ground turmeric
Bring to a simmer and go 'til it's reduced. About 15 minutes. Let cool.

Sorry for the lengthy post, but I"m bored today. Although March can be a Bitch, Spring's almost just around the corner boys and girls....

Dan

Last edited:
Absolutely killer post Dan, everything is cooked to perfection, huge Like! The pineapple wing glaze looks to be a real keeper too, I'll be trying that out ASAP, got everything needed already here. RAY

Reactions: SmokyMose
Great looking batch of food and thanks for the recipes, i like that also, i like to read cookbooks and than try to incorporate things to make them my own. Does not always work .
But fun trying, the glaze for the wings sounds/looks great
David

Great looking food! Thanks for sharing your recipes and glad you got to enjoy your kettle again!

Ryan

Absolutely killer post Dan, everything is cooked to perfection, huge Like! The pineapple wing glaze looks to be a real keeper too, I'll be trying that out ASAP, got everything needed already here. RAY
Thank you!
It's not actually my recipe. Got it from the net somewhere and it was meant for pork chops. I tried it on wings and that's our go-to now. Kinda burnt out on hot wings....

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky