Ribs (Attempt #6)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

MileHighSmokerGirl

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Nov 29, 2019
Denver, CO
I’ve shied away from ribs lately because they’ve done nothing but frustrate me with terrible results.

My pop sent me a recipe from Amazing Ribs last night.

Rinsed the ribs and rubbed down the ribs with kosher salt and brined in the fridge for an hour.
F1D48136-2F30-4ECB-88AF-B271B47BA81C.jpeg

used a memphis dust rub. (Homemade).
33B40C02-472E-40C0-98D2-2D653253154D.jpeg

And right out of the gate I had fire issues due to the wind, but I pulled the smoker inside the garage and closed the door 3-4 of the way. Fire rebounded and they started smoking better.
773A4F03-845E-4CEF-BE0D-F2A65DA28088.jpeg

I just pulled them at 173° as they were not passing the bend test and transferred them to the oven to finish at 250°.

32C4ED10-9255-471F-8ED8-13E3A19B9F81.jpeg

At 190° they are nearly passing the bend test so I took the foil off and slathered some bbq on and stuck them back in the oven and covered them with foil. I sliced off a small piece and these are by far the most tender tasty ribs I’ve ever made myself.

I’ve mastered chicken, turkey, pork shoulder, brisket, cornish game hens, pork tenderloin...and these doggone ribs have been the elusive one for me, but I’m damn proud of these! FINALLY!

I think this is my 6th rack of ribs and I’m overjoyed by these! ☺️

1DE0EBC8-C71A-46B0-8C66-9837DA79AF09.jpeg

Now you are making me hungry! The first thing I attempted was ribs and I got frustrated also. I smoke many different things now but my ribs are our favorite. Although I have been using the same method and recipe for years I'm always tweaking my rib recipe a little bit.

• Love
Reactions: MileHighSmokerGirl
They look great Hannah!! I honestly consider ribs to be my least competent cook. I love that Memphis Rub you used. I often do a sugar free version of that with no sauce.

• Love
Reactions: MileHighSmokerGirl
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky