Ribs and first attempt at a Tri-Tip

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokingwxman

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jun 30, 2016
Finally got some warm weather so decided to cook up an Easter feast. 2 racks of baby backs glazed with strawberry rhubarb jelly and one rack of St Louis style ribs glazed with jalapeno jelly. The ribs were a huge hit especially with my youngest!

My uncle in law gave me a tri-tip to try and I decided to take it all the way through like a brisket. It was a little over 200 when it probe tested nice and tender. I'm usually my toughest critic but I have to admit this tasted great. I rubbed it with a simple brown sugar, pepper, salt, garlic powder mixture and injected with worchestshire sauce, beer, and beef broth So tender and juicy. Throw in some smoked mac and cheese and my family and I are quite stuffed!

Attachments

• IMG_3119.jpg
    IMG_3119.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_3097.jpg
    IMG_3097.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_3100.jpg
    IMG_3100.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_3116.jpg
    IMG_3116.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 29
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky